General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated gloves

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Heated gloves

Looking for recommendations on heated gloves and what all do you need to get them tied to the battery? Guess my concern is how long the cord is.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:08 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Check out the Gerbings Hybrids and you won't need to worry about a cord.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:10 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I bought Gerbing brand. Well, actually I bought the liners because they are half the price and I can put them in any glove I like depending on what temps I will be riding in. They came with everything needed to wire right up to the bike. The cord has plenty of slack to run from your battery up through your jacket to the gloves.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
I bought Gerbing brand. Well, actually I bought the liners because they are half the price and I can put them in any glove I like depending on what temps I will be riding in. They came with everything needed to wire right up to the bike. The cord has plenty of slack to run from your battery up through your jacket to the gloves.
Do they connect to the battery via like a battery tender charger or are they just tied right in?

Old 02-04-2012, 08:20 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

I bought the HD Hybrids, which are made by Gerbings. They are actually made to mate with a jacket of jacket liner, and then that is connected to the battery via either an on/off switch or a variable control.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Jeff648
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on liners. If you buy a seperate heat controller, I'd recommend buying a dual controller. Once you buy one heated item you'll probably end up buying more.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:24 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly3176
Looking for recommendations on heated gloves and what all do you need to get them tied to the battery? Guess my concern is how long the cord is.
the cord is long enough to go from the battery, to the rider..... you will have plenty of slack to run it
a) up through the back rest slot
b) foward past the nose of the seat
c) sideways out the middle of the seat
d) any darn way you like

Play around a bit, and see what is easiest for you... to attach, and dis-connect. I run mine forward to the nose of the seat. and can tuck it away when weather is nice

Check out the Gerbings outlet http://heatedclothingoutlet.com/index.shtml Sizes,selection etc change often, so if they have your size... JUMP on it, because if you delay.... you'll miss out

Do they connect to the battery via like a battery tender charger or are they just tied right in?
You can go either way.... I prefer the included harness, but you can use the battery tender. You will likely need to up the fuse amps, if you go via the tender (As you add pieces you may have to up the amps on the harness)

+1 on the Dual controller... heated gear is "addictive", I have gloves, jacket liner, and over pants.... I'm TOASTY warm

Old 02-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff648
+1 on liners. If you buy a seperate heat controller, I'd recommend buying a dual controller. Once you buy one heated item you'll probably end up buying more.
Chances are you will end up with the liner if you are looking in to the gloves..It is one of the best investments you will make,if cold weather is a factor while riding..

Old 02-05-2012, 06:44 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,358 Likes on 5,498 Posts

Gerbing brand run the pig tail with a fuse from the battery. Try bring it up through the slit in the seat and plug in behind you you often over looked but works well. Get the controller.
Heated Gloves make for a great ride in cold.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:26 AM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There have been dozens of threads about this lately. I suggest you head over to the Touring section and search "Gerbing".

I would reccomend these two threads to start with:

Gerbings: What you need to know

Gerbings Panel Mount Kit Installed

Call Doug it American Trikes in Keene NH 603.354.7740 . He was running a buy one get one half off deal in Jan that I'd bet he'd extend. Best deal you'll find. Tell him Kevin mentioned it on the HD Forum

Last edited by knewt5; 02-05-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Heated gloves