General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:41 PM
dwleo
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Car

Hello,
I am a new member and am here for my mother-in -law.
She is 84 and lives in Bellingham WA. She has had a good life but has a few dreams never fullfilled. One main one is to ride in a harley davidson. Now with her movement, this is no longer possible but maybe, just maybe, riding in the sidecar of a Harley would be as good as she could get.
Her birthday is in june and I would love to make this happen for her. It could get complicated and a lift would definately be involved.
If you or any one you know could help in this endevour, i would be happy to pay any expenses (within reason - no trans continetal travel here) to get this done.
Anyone with lonely side car?

- D

Old 02-01-2012, 10:46 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

There is a sidehack section here in the forum. I suggest you ask there also. You might try contacting one of the local American legion post's to see if any of the legion riders might have one or the local HOG Chapter through one of the Harley dealers in the area.

Good luck. I'm sure someone would love to help you out. You just need to get the word out to the right places.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:49 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Wish I could help. Have a riding buddy who has an Evo EG with sidecar. I have ridden in the side car, as well as driven it while my buddy rode in the sidecar. Unfortunately, I'm in Japan. Darn.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:53 PM
MidnightFLHX11
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Like IronAss said; ask around at your local American Legion as most have a "riders" club. And definitely do ask your nearest HOG Chapter. I know a few people that would be willing to help if you came to my chapter as there are a few guys with sidecar rigs. I'm sure other chapters would be equally willing to help!

Best of luck!