General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the most lame bike product you've ever seen?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 01:51 AM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Funny read!

Old 04-17-2012, 07:27 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lundee
Dearest str8jacket,
I'm an so sorry my cellular phone with predictive text is not up to your standards. I have emailed Motorola and Android about said problem. So sorry to have offended you and your precious pa system. I ride my bike to clear my head not listen to what some moranus has to say about what his gps is telling him to do.
Your Truly
Lundee.
Nice comeback, Lundee! I have a Galaxy Tab w/Andriod, and it can be a total PIA. Got sick of the typos and limited abilities when posting to HDF on it. I always felt like an illiterate when using it due to it's shortcomings.

Like the term "moranus". That's a new one.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:44 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master

Originally Posted by shitbox
What about those " training wheels " usually seen under the rear of a Goldwing or some other bloated turd !!! Not a trike but add on rear wheels on each side of the rear wheel.
Those are called the "Voyager" system. We had those on our '05 police RK's, after some brainiac suggested them to the agency I work for as a chepaer alternative to replacing the sidecars we've been using for about, oh, 90+ years in my motor unit.

You're right about the Voyager being training wheels, 'cause that's EXACTLY what they are. They are also poorly engineered and decidedly unsafe in certain circumstances. They can start to hop when you encounter potholes/rippled or uneven pavement in a turn, causing a loss of steering ability. Also will do that when encountering "wavy" pavement (my description, don't know what else to call it) on an interstate when your speed is just right. The "waves" in the roadway cause a harmonic to establish in the training wheels, and they start to hop, with end result being the bike loses steering ability and darts all over the road-no f--king fun at 75 mph!

My family had instructions with my attorney's name and a list of who to sue if I lost it with that POS Voyager on the bike. Thankfully we got rid of them after a few winters, going back to the sidecars for winter service.

The Voyagers were not only lame in appearance and function, they were dangerous and poorly built too!

Last edited by PghCycle24; 04-17-2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: typos
Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Can anyone say "Vespa"?

Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master

Originally Posted by pccoder
She is seriously not taking any chances.
Bet their sex life is REALLY exciting! Can you imagine the converstaion? "Let's get wild tonight, honey. Why don't you get on top. Just don't forget the safety harness!"

Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master

Originally Posted by fella

Ummm No! It's about keeping the megalomaniac LEO in his car eating his donut![/quote]Ummm, that's ok Fella. That same megalomaniac cop will need to stock up on doughnut calories so he'll have the energy to write a report on how your brains are spread all over the pavement.

In policespeak it's called "Thinning the herd". Nice to see you got your cheap shot in on LE, though, regardless of the thread's topic. Good job by you!

Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master

Originally Posted by V2Evo96
I can't see where anyone has mentioned the Goldwing air bag.

http://youtu.be/ApYPzyPnFOs
Yeah, only on a 'Wing! Ranks up there with the "girl cage"-serves no real purpose but to give the rider and passenger an illusion of safety. Showed the Goldwing airbag to some other investigatiors in my A.I. unit, and we all had a good chuckle from that one. The airbag just provides a low friction surface from which to launch the rider in a crash. Throws all our rider vault/speed computations out the window.

Goldwing riders/owners must love it, though.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

the radio

Old 04-17-2012, 04:01 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was an interesting read!

BTW..........the stereo/radio is a great item, I'm able to avoid some traffic problems when it is on.

Later

Old 04-17-2012, 05:36 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

babe cage is awsome

Quick Reply: What's the most lame bike product you've ever seen?