General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the most lame bike product you've ever seen?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:09 AM
str8jacket
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
No need to get offended. I wise man once said: "I'm pretty sure I have things on my bike that some would call lame, but everything seems to sell, so I guess you have to respect all of the individual tatses out there." See Jaburg1 above
I was just presenting an opinion, it had nothing to do with being offended. Whether something is 'lame' or not is a matter of personal opinion. What gets me is the self absorbed d-bags who feel the need to throw the word "stupid" around, especially when they are clearly not the sharpest knives in the drawer themselves.

Originally Posted by Lundee
Dearest str8jacket,
I'm an so sorry my cellular phone with predictive text is not up to your standards. I have emailed Motorola and Android about said problem. So sorry to have offended you and your precious pa system. I ride my bike to clear my head not listen to what some moranus has to say about what his gps is telling him to do.
Your Truly
Lundee.
I don't have a headset, or a gps, or a pa system, or any kind of music system.

I think it's actually funny when self absorbed blowhards act like their opinions somehow carry more weight that others, and feel the need to belittle other people and call them "stupid" because the use 2 way communication or have a frigging cup holder. Does it help boost your self-esteem to insult and belittle others?

Careful you don't hurt yourself falling off that high horse.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:21 AM
str8jacket
Tourer

Originally Posted by brenn
Stereos. Nothing lamer, in my opinion, than some redneck on a Harley tourer with the stereo cranked, when you can't even make out the music over the pipes and from 3 feet away it sounds like you're walking through the parking lot of a ghetto housing project. Those old guys don't have iPods? Is that thing an 8-track? I really hate motorcycle stereos.
Seriously? A Harley rider ragging on people for noise pollution? Really?

Do you have quiet mufflers on your bike? If not, I can't think of anything more hypocritical than someone who rides a bike with loud pipes criticizing others for the noise they make with their stereo.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:44 AM
DDuess
Road Captain

1. Straight pipes or fart can noisy mufflers. Probably the same deaf guys that don't understand why anyone would listen to music/talk to a passenger on a motorcycle. Probably has a small foreign car in garage next to Harley, with loud fartcan exhaust also.

2. Novelty helmets. This is the biker equivalent of putting on makeup while you drive. "It's how I look Dahling..."

3 Bikes with suspension. I rode a hardtail kickstart knucklepan ironhead with a barbed wire and eagle talon seat covered in rattlesnake venom to the artic circle via the Panama Canal in November wearing only 27 year old jeans, a Schott dingleberry jacket and some used leather gloves peeled from Casey Jones' dead hands. No radio, no GPS, hell no fancy ignition contraptions, pulled by a horse, that's right, hay power, the original MANs horse.

Really though, I am amazed, or maybe not, how this turned into a "I don't think how you ride your bike is cool. I am cooler because I don't use _____ ." fill in blank with GPS, Radio, iPod, getback whip, facemask, chaps accessories I don't want. Be different, ride a bike, but don't do it different then I do, because I am cool... Lame

Old 02-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Worst thing I probably ever bought was the Kuryakyn front axial blade spinners.
I thought it was a cool concept until they came. They were plastic crap phony knife blades that spun it you spun them but didn't spin while riding cause the plastic junk chrome phony blades were too light to spin in the wind. And the blades didn't have bearings to allow them to spin. Pure junk.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:54 AM
zjones
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Just Dave
Dang you beat me to it, I was checking the thread to make sure no one had posted it yet. Gets my vote for #1.
You guys are totally missing the whole point of this product - from the website:

*Does the wind wick the moisture from your lips through that mask?

I went riding yesterday and my lips are chapped - they hurt real bad....

Old 02-04-2012, 12:09 PM
str8jacket
Tourer

Originally Posted by DDuess
Really though, I am amazed, or maybe not, how this turned into a "I don't think how you ride your bike is cool. I am cooler because I don't use _____ ." fill in blank with GPS, Radio, iPod, getback whip, facemask, chaps accessories I don't want. Be different, ride a bike, but don't do it different then I do, because I am cool... Lame
One thing this thread has shown is that there are a few self-important accessory-snobs on this forum. A lot of the stuff posted was hilarious, and I think everyone agrees truly "lame", but some people just like to stroke their own egos by proclaiming certain riding accessories to be officially 'uncool', and then feel the need to enforce their opinions if anyone disagrees.

Last edited by str8jacket; 02-04-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:19 PM
oakspeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

willie g skulls.
ok if your 10 years old, but come on.
is it supposed to make you a tough guy putting that lame *** crap on your ride????????

Old 02-04-2012, 12:25 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by blackchipjim
I have to admit some of the things that were posted are a total waste of money. I think the cage with the chick in it is just dangerous who in the hell would want to ride out a crash in that dam thing. I think people don't think things out very throughly before buying stuff. Threads like this make guys think before they buy stupid crap.
This. Unless you have arm and leg restraints that cage is going to do some damage in a bad wreck to the person strapped inside.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:44 PM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by oakspeed
willie g skulls.
ok if your 10 years old, but come on.
is it supposed to make you a tough guy putting that lame *** crap on your ride????????

Hey, I like Willie G.

Old 02-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,809 Likes on 3,167 Posts

Electro Magnetic Seat Shielding:

http://www.motorcyclecancer.com/Moto...ion-Cancer.asp

If true, by this time in my life, my d*ck should have fallen off.....

Quick Reply: What's the most lame bike product you've ever seen?