General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a request ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005 | 06:09 PM
pococj
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Got a request ...

for all y'all who post about dealer problems, kudos, or .... If you have a dealer who "dun good", make sure you give their name & location in your post. If you have a dealer who "dun bad", give their name & location, too. I would probably give a shop a chance to fix their screw-up before flaming them. If I had to go through more than one person to get satisfaction, I'd probably be inclined to reveal their name, but also mention the final resolution.

Old 07-24-2005 | 09:32 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Got a request ...

Sounds fair to me Skip.

John TN

Old 07-24-2005 | 09:50 PM
HDF Tech
Banned

Skip, I had the same idea a while back but didn't want to start waves, good idea lets do it.

There's also a web page for this too http://stealer-dealer.com/apage.htm

Old 07-24-2005 | 10:45 PM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

im up for this one!!

Old 07-25-2005 | 01:53 AM
Anniesage
Road Master

thanks for suggesting and yes I will!

Old 07-25-2005 | 02:22 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

I'll join in because I've had excellent service.

I went through Shumate HD in Kennewick, Wa.

Old 07-25-2005 | 04:48 AM
jonnymo
6th Gear

Eastside Harley-Davidson, Bellevue, WA

Won't ever go there again. Blew me off when I asked about why my 2 brand new XL 1200's were delivered with oil at the fill mark. "That's ok, that the way they are suppose to be" and no we won't spot you a quart of oil to fill them up to what the manual says they should be at.

FWIW, Steve, in the service dept did call a few hours after I made a scene at the dealer. I guess I made an impression on the crew. While he wasn't part of the discussion, he appologized and said he would like to see me back as a customer. I like Steve. He was the bike delivery guy.

You can see my full rant in the Sportsters forum.

Jonnymo

Old 07-25-2005 | 03:01 PM
chunks
Road Captain

Hannum's Harley-Davidson, Media PA

Great Customer service throughout the entire purchase process.
Everyone there seems to remember my name and greet me with it
every time I walk in the place. Sales people, finance, parts, whatever.

I took my bike in a couple weeks ago on a Wednesday evening about 6:00 PM for my 1k Service.
The guy said it should be ready Friday.
Instead they called me the very next morning and said "All finished" you can pick it up any time.
When I dropped it off, I requested that they adjust the rear suspension for 2-up riding.
They took care of it for me and didnt charge me any extra for it.

Almost forgot, I paid MSRP for the bike.

I highly recommend these folks. I've heard a lot of dealer horror stories, but these folks are the
exact opposite.

Old 07-25-2005 | 03:53 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member

My local dealership (Legacy HD - Midland/Odessa, TX) is pretty good. Over the years, I've gotten to know the folks there and am on a first name basis with most of them, including the owner. I attend the HOG chapter meetings I can (probably 6 a year) and volunteer to help at events they are sponsoring. Since I have a woodshop, a few years ago, I made a bunch of picnic tables for their covered area. The dealership paid for the material and I built the tables at no additional cost the them. I did it because I wanted to but it helped build a good rapport with the dealership.

Even though I've bought two bikes from them, my purchases are normally limited to an oil filter every 2,500 miles. I don't buy HD motorclothes or a bunch of chrome add ons and I do my own maintenance, so they aren't getting rich off me.

Reckon the point is, get to know the guys at the dealership and treat them as you would like to be treated and generally they'll do you right.

Old 07-25-2005 | 07:48 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

Here's a good place to start looking for sales and service http://www.stealer-dealer.com/sd.htm

Quick Reply: Got a request ...