General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to West Virginia!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012 | 09:30 AM
Village Idiot™
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default Welcome to West Virginia!

Anyone ever ride here? I'm in the Eastern part of the state, but I enjoy to occasional Romney run and I have a friend in Motown that rides who I visit on the bike for some good ol' mountain boy fun.

I once met up with a group of riders inbetween Baltimore and DC back when I owned an RC51 to do a nice long ride out to the Eastern Shore. One of the guys asked me WTF I would ride all the way out there when I lived in WV. I didn't know what he was talking about until after the ride.

The rest of the country can suck it. We have the best roads in the US.

Old 01-31-2012 | 10:04 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member

I'll agree. Beautiful country y'all got out that way.

Old 01-31-2012 | 10:44 AM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member

cross bronx expressway is THE smoothest road in the country

Old 01-31-2012 | 12:04 PM
saw*me
Tourer

Yep some of the best rides are in WV. I make it up to Nan and Pops in Pikesville and the Dirty dog a few times a year just to ride 11 when I feel like getting off the mountain. Try Senaca Rocks or Blackwater Falls if you haven't already. Its some great riding.

Old 01-31-2012 | 12:24 PM
bentryder
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Village Idiot™
Anyone ever ride here? I have a friend in Motown that rides who I visit on the bike for some good ol' mountain boy fun

did the fun include a jug of mountain dew....farm animals and stumps?....no thanks bro.......lol...

Old 01-31-2012 | 12:46 PM
Amish gone bad
Tourer

Done Mountainfest a couple times and I really love Camden Park as well as the ride to and fro. I like to make a loop out of it - day down through Morgantown, day at the park, day back through Kentucky and Ohio.

Old 01-31-2012 | 01:10 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

It's a great place to ride! Google a route from Romney, WV to Cass, WV & you will have a great time. Fantastic scenery, good roads, and the thing that suprised me the most was when I stumbled onto a wind farm.... Saw them out in Cali, but it was a first seeing one on the east coast. Also check out the iron horses at Cass Scenic Railway! Those old girls are still climbing the mountians after more than 105 years. If you are there on a Saturday check out the "Fiddles & Vittles" train! Some of the best bar-b-que I have ever tasted!

Old 01-31-2012 | 01:15 PM
Village Idiot™
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by saw*me
Yep some of the best rides are in WV. I make it up to Nan and Pops in Pikesville and the Dirty dog a few times a year just to ride 11 when I feel like getting off the mountain. Try Senaca Rocks or Blackwater Falls if you haven't already. Its some great riding.
I throw darts out of Nan and Pop's. I know the place well.

Originally Posted by bentryder
did the fun include a jug of mountain dew....farm animals and stumps?....no thanks bro.......lol...
Actually, it included brewing up 10 gallons of beer and drinking from the 14 keg setup at my friends' place, checking out the half dressed WVU hotties, a mountaineer game, a ride through some mountains, and filling up a town house full of smoke by doing a burnout in a garage.

I don't know where you're from that you think fun could possibly include mountain dew, farm animals, and stumps.

Last edited by Village Idiot™; 01-31-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2012 | 01:29 PM
bentryder
Seasoned HDF Member

Actually, it included brewing up 10 gallons of beer and drinking from the 14 keg setup at my friends' place, checking out the half dressed WVU hottiest, a mountaineer game, a ride through some mountains, and filling up a town house full of smoke by doing a burnout in a garage.

I don't know where you're from that you think fun could possibly include mountain dew, farm animals, and stumps.

jus checkin...lol....i'm from NC/Va...heard alot about y'all W Va boys....never been thru there on the bike....used to go to the nascar races there and do fly in's at some grass strip i think was in morganton?...beautiful country....got some family there with a cabin in the hills...gonna hafta get up there when i get outta FL in a couple yrs....

Old 01-31-2012 | 01:33 PM
paulpa
Cruiser

Anyone ever ride here? I'm in the Eastern part of the state, but I enjoy to occasional Romney run and I have a friend in Motown that rides who I visit on the bike for some good ol' mountain boy fun.

I once met up with a group of riders inbetween Baltimore and DC back when I owned an RC51 to do a nice long ride out to the Eastern Shore. One of the guys asked me WTF I would ride all the way out there when I lived in WV. I didn't know what he was talking about until after the ride.

The rest of the country can suck it. We have the best roads in the US.
I was coming back from texas last summer and just rode acroos kentucky when I got on rte 79 out of charleston,well i was gonna stop at the first motel i found outsie of the city,when I realized it was a beautiful evening and what a road,,,,man I JUST could not stop,,,rode it all the way to morgantown thinking that it was one of the nicest roads i had ever been on,,,,beautiful,,,just beautiful,long sweeping curves,up an down,light traffic,nice scenery,and you could really fly if you wanted to.....

Quick Reply: Welcome to West Virginia!