General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,349 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Originally Posted by Shredding rubber
Panz4ever
That was awesome. There has to be another entry.
Looking forward to another installment of fast Freddie. Biker extraordinaire. How about when he went gloves and chaps shopping. Breaking out the visa,got himself a helmet with a drop down visor in shaded,yellow AND clear. But dropped it on his way out of the store and the paint chipped,so out comes the nail polish and a buffer.
Or got the clap from the *****,before she stole his wallet,then dumped the bike,but it was a transvestite but too drunk to notice

This is gold man.
Easyriders was my mag of choice in the 70/80s. Gave up my script when they sold their souls to the corporate devils.

Guess it bit my butt to read through this thread and see someone with with 12 posts come out like a bad *** and attack someone who I have a great deal of respect for. I have met Twizted in person and talked to him on several occasions. He is very knowledgeable and carries a lot of credibility in my books. Sometimes people should have big ears and a little mouth before they go off on a direct assault on someone they know next to nothing about.

Guess it is my way of introducing DeadFred to the rest of the forum members. Who knows, he might even be a nice person and just needs to scale it back a bit...

Old 01-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,768 Likes on 1,673 Posts

I remember the wiring giving me ten times more trouble back then, and now there's ten times more wires.
Girls wanted to ride with you as long as you didn't go anywhere their daddy would see them.
Lot more virgins then.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:44 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Whats that olde saying "put your brain in gear before engaging mouth".. keeps your teeth in their proper place....

Old 01-30-2012, 08:45 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent777
Or drive you. More then once, back in the 70s, I had to call the local cop shop to find out where they made me park my car.
Whats funny and didnt happen to me but a buddy of mine. "Red" the local law was training a FNG and pulled my buddy over because he knew what he had and read him the riot act and just short of throwing the chrome bracelets on him took his stuff and went on there way. Buddy had to stop by Reds place to get his stuff back minus a little!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 PM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadFred
Yep!!! here we have it folks! the FIRST azzhat to play Tuff Guy" on the internet thing. He probably has a few SOA tshirts under his bed......Geez, how i wish to be able to meet smart alecks like you in person behind a bar with no one around to call the police...Theres a 'gangsta gorilla' in every bunch......POSER.
Well.. tell ya what.. I'm not an old school harley guy.. I grew up on metrics.. dirt bikes, cafe bikes, sport bikes, racing, whatever.. I came over to the "dark side" 10 or so years.. so I make no claim of bein' an old time, life long HD guy.. none the less and not that Twisted needs the help, but newb, you got it wrong.. TB is the real deal. If you stop talking s**t and pay attention, you'll find that out. My guess is, TB would be one the best guys on this board to go have a beer or 3 with.. Sure he has his opinions.. but what, like you don't?.. as for meeting him behind the bar.. Gotta tell ya bro.. my money wouldn't be on you.. just saying.. Cheers TB..

mavrick

Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by Frostbite
I remember the wiring giving me ten times more trouble back then, and now there's ten times more wires.
Girls wanted to ride with you as long as you didn't go anywhere their daddy would see them.
Lot more virgins then.
Magnetos were the shitz... virgins... hmmmm... guess so mebbe...

Old 01-30-2012, 08:48 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Frostbite
Lot more virgins then.
wiring problems! Try owning a Triumph before the internet!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:49 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by soft 02
Ohh yeah... rectifiers and points... Lucas systems... fuuuug..

Old 01-30-2012, 08:52 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,038 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
I did, a '69.....still cuss Zeaner diode's (not sure of the spelling)

Old 01-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Scratt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
The biggest difference is your reading this in print , used to be we'd just punch you in the mouth for saying something that stupid in person . Have a nice day .
Thank you for the straight talk. I was in high school in the 70's but from what I remember about the older guy's and then riding in the beginning of the 80's it was just as you say.

Quick Reply: Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..