General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 PM
VA Biker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
great post
29K POST WTF How is that possible. Do you post every 5 minutes LOL.

Sorry that just blew my mind.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:11 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by VA Biker

He has been slackin....

Old 02-16-2012, 03:20 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VA Biker

was a moderator here for 2 years, been unemployed for the past year, and have a really boring marriage

Old 02-16-2012, 05:14 PM
LDB187
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Bike Week? Don't you mean "RUN TO THE SUN" ? KOA @ Valdasta was the real party back in the early 70s. everyone met there and a big parade down to daytona.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,036 Likes on 17,926 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guardian
For sure. I was lucky because my dad was in his late teens and early twenties from 77 and up and my step dad was in his twenties and was one of the 'nam guys to come back who was a biker before he left and came back to the big change up. We have pictures from the early days of bike week and sturgis in our old binders that we keep. I generally try to not worry about it but then I go to the dealers or these "rallies" that are polluted with all of these so called "clubs" (people that make a patch and call themselves a club) and it seems like nothing like it was back in my early days of going to the stuff and it just pisses me off. I actually turned a free trip to Sturgis down last year because I could barely stand to put up with all of the **** that goes on there. When we go to bike week now we spend like a day on the strip checking out all of the vendors and then we usually link up with a club and go on a kickass ride down through Florida.

We call those mushroom clubs around here , they pop up about as fast as mushrooms on a cow pie .

Old 02-16-2012, 07:28 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker

We call those mushroom clubs around here , they pop up about as fast as mushrooms on a cow pie .
It wasn't too bad back in Georgia. You've got the big one percent club and then their two smaller support clubs and then you've got a few veteran and black clubs here and there and that's pretty much it. They all get along, except with the CMA guys who **** me off on a daily basis. I get up here to Tacoma and my first rally I went to had probably a hundred people and like 30 ****ing clubs between the 100 of them. It's insane.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:39 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,036 Likes on 17,926 Posts

It wasn't too bad back in Georgia. You've got the big one percent club and then their two smaller support clubs and then you've got a few veteran and black clubs here and there and that's pretty much it. They all get along, except with the CMA guys who **** me off on a daily basis. I get up here to Tacoma and my first rally I went to had probably a hundred people and like 30 ****ing clubs between the 100 of them. It's insane.
Local popular biker/poser bar is about 5 blks from my house & on given sunday I can count 8 to 12 patchs and at least 2 are new ones without fail . That's on top of the Oakland 81 crew . Seen some of these guys go through a half dozen or better clubs the last 25 yrs .

Old 02-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts

I get up here to Tacoma and my first rally I went to had probably a hundred people and like 30 ****ing clubs between the 100 of them. It's insane.
Yep, I went to an event and there was more clubs representing than I have ever seen- it's relatively a new phenomenon, but all are legit.

I guess it's good to have so many- it keeps the cops busy and just like the boom of motorcycle riders in the 80's, the more patches running around people don't freak out when they see them.

Don't miss these rallies-
http://www.seattlerod-tiques.com/cruzin.html
http://www.skyvalleybikeshow.com/

Old 02-16-2012, 07:53 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Local popular biker/poser bar is about 5 blks from my house & on given sunday I can count 8 to 12 patchs and at least 2 are new ones without fail . That's on top of the Oakland 81 crew . Seen some of these guys go through a half dozen or better clubs the last 25 yrs .
There are two biker bars here. One is owned by a 1% support club and they put on a really good gig every weekend, and the other one is like a ****ing bar on a golf course.. Tell me which one is worth going to

Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

There are two biker bars here. One is owned by a 1% support club and they put on a really good gig every weekend, and the other one is like a ****ing bar on a golf course.. Tell me which one is worth going to
well, the chicks with money would be at the golf course. nothing wrong with male gold diggers

Quick Reply: Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..