General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 12:24 PM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. O.K. Im starting to get it now.
Californians ruined California. Alot of the Californians that moved here hate Californians for doing that.
Arizonans have always pretty much hated Californians. They dont want their state ruined like California.
If you come to Arizona and have Cali plates you need to watch your step.
Times are a changing in some places, slowly. Some areas slower than others.
Sounds like the area of Havasu you were in was one of those slower ares.
Its not about bikers. Its about Californians.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:42 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,037 Likes on 17,927 Posts

Originally Posted by 09FLHT
LOL. O.K. Im starting to get it now.
Californians ruined California. Alot of the Californians that moved here hate Californians for doing that.
Arizonans have always pretty much hated Californians. They dont want their state ruined like California.
If you come to Arizona and have Cali plates you need to watch your step.
Times are a changing in some places, slowly. Some areas slower than others.
Sounds like the area of Havasu you were in was one of those slower ares.
Its not about bikers. Its about Californians.
Man if I money for every yokel I've wore out after telling me I better watch myself I could retire . Been a road tramp a lota years and in everyplace I've ever been there's always one or more who get the linen bunched when a new face shows up , usually small egos with big mouths .

What's funny Cali. don't like most people from AZ. particularly the cops . I had Missouri plates on my bike when I first moved out here and the PD was on me constantly with who are you stops , asked a few why and they all told me my plates . Same color & look as Arizonia and those rated an instant stop when seen .

Old 02-12-2012, 12:43 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Most of us smell a lot better. LOL! Brut or High Karate for dry cleaning.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Twizted: maybe that's why they changed ours plates to that gay-*** white & blue crap a decade ago.

I'll admit to having a slightly biased opinion against vehicles I see around here with Cali plates, but that's more the Reputation Cali has than direct experience.
But then again, they should break Cali into 2 states anyway, because North and South seem to be totally different worlds.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Gove country Kansas used to be the same way , local sheriff and Judge where related and they had a real scam running . Stopped me & the OL in a driving rain storm I'm not doing 50 it's blowing so hard , ended up with a gun against my head laying face down in a puddle on the side of I-70 while this yokel did his god act . Took my wallet and tossed the OL in the back of car and I got to follow him to jail . 3 hrs later we see the judge , my " fine " for reckless speed is $10 less than I had in cash , surprise ...............
I've heard several stories like that. I had a similar experience in a cage somewhere in eastern Arizona, off the tourist routes, but didn't have a gun pulled. I didn't get hammered too bad, 50 bucks if I remember right, but even then I thought they sure had cooked up a great little money maker. Most small town cops I've met were really good guys, too bad a few have gone to the darkside. When you're in unfamiliar territory, it's always a good idea to stay completely legal, but even then, you can always run into one that will make something up; I've had that happen a couple times. Only had a gun pulled on me once, in Georgia, but an FBI agent pulled up behind him, and then he got polite real fast and let me go. That was weird, will never know what was really going on; the agent wouldn't tell me anything.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:59 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Gruamach
Twizted: maybe that's why they changed ours plates to that gay-*** white & blue crap a decade ago.

I'll admit to having a slightly biased opinion against vehicles I see around here with Cali plates, but that's more the Reputation Cali has than direct experience.
But then again, they should break Cali into 2 states anyway, because North and South seem to be totally different worlds.
Yah no kidding it is 2 completely different worlds just 100 miles south of here . Funny about the plates thing I didn't know , now yours look like ours .

I got into a habit of taking the plates off bikes I sell , Cali don't like that but for me it means if the buyer doesn't take care of business like a lot don't and gets into **** it doesn't come back on me because of the plates and me being the last registered owner . Ca has nasty habit of chasing anybody down they think they can wring a buck out of and they seem to constantly lose the little change form you have to file saying it isn't yours anymore , played that game with them a few times already .

Old 02-12-2012, 01:12 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Imold
I've heard several stories like that. I had a similar experience in a cage somewhere in eastern Arizona, off the tourist routes, but didn't have a gun pulled. I didn't get hammered too bad, 50 bucks if I remember right, but even then I thought they sure had cooked up a great little money maker. Most small town cops I've met were really good guys, too bad a few have gone to the darkside. When you're in unfamiliar territory, it's always a good idea to stay completely legal, but even then, you can always run into one that will make something up; I've had that happen a couple times. Only had a gun pulled on me once, in Georgia, but an FBI agent pulled up behind him, and then he got polite real fast and let me go. That was weird, will never know what was really going on; the agent wouldn't tell me anything.

I've had a few uniforms draw on me out of the blue , and been saved by more showing up a couple times to defuse barney's tantrum . Man had a bad day or just found his wife is screwing somebody and your day is going to **** believe me , just human nature so you deal with it . Small towns today it's all good unless your in deep tourist country then it's just a revenue source for them so you expect it if you've got half a clue so act accordingly .

Yrs ago it was the rule you expected a roust , that could go from a stop to let you know it was a bad idea to be around there to my little scene in the rain . Had a few places stop me to protect me from the local 2 legged wild life when I did the south in the 70's , PD where the stand up guys . It was all part of the experience . Today the whole country is pretty much just looking to empty your wallet that's all .

Old 02-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Blackfly
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had a few uniforms draw on me out of the blue , and been saved by more showing up a couple times to defuse barney's tantrum . Man had a bad day or just found his wife is screwing somebody and your day is going to **** believe me , just human nature so you deal with it . Small towns today it's all good unless your in deep tourist country then it's just a revenue source for them so you expect it if you've got half a clue so act accordingly .

Yrs ago it was the rule you expected a roust , that could go from a stop to let you know it was a bad idea to be around there to my little scene in the rain . Had a few places stop me to protect me from the local 2 legged wild life when I did the south in the 70's , PD where the stand up guys . It was all part of the experience . Today the whole country is pretty much just looking to empty your wallet that's all .
Holy cr%p twiZted, glad Barney didn't have the shakes too bad. I guess that makes me feel lucky somehow. So now I wonder where exactly I should avoid with my hated New York plates. Maybe any where but the tri- state, and I'm not so sure about New Jersey.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, now we can hate on each other for another reason!

Old 02-12-2012, 01:53 PM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man if I money for every yokel I've wore out after telling me I better watch myself I could retire . Been a road tramp a lota years and in everyplace I've ever been there's always one or more who get the linen bunched when a new face shows up , usually small egos with big mouths .

What's funny Cali. don't like most people from AZ. particularly the cops . I had Missouri plates on my bike when I first moved out here and the PD was on me constantly with who are you stops , asked a few why and they all told me my plates . Same color & look as Arizonia and those rated an instant stop when seen .
I didnt always live in AZ. Not many people have. I got one of those Cali. plate stops a looong time ago. Ticketed for wasting natural resources because the cop said my car "sounded" like I was speeding.

Quick Reply: Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..