General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:13 AM
poisonthesteve
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Time weighs heavy on all us , wait till your nuts do the splash down the first time If you got skinny legs you'll look the *** end of a Great Dane walking around nude .
HAhahaha!

Back to the OP:

Why does bikers have to be in quotes? We may be younger and not as experienced as the older 70's crowd. Hell a lot of people from my generation are straight up disrespectful. Not that I consider myself a 'biker', but I ride my bike whenever I can (yes I've been riding it nearly all winter long), to work, to go to the bar, go to out with my friends. I work on my bike as well. Most average jack-offs would probably think I am a biker. Not saying this all makes me a biker, because I don't claim to be, and I certainly don't go around wearing my SOA shirts that are in my closet. Forget what my point was, but yeah... there it is

Old 02-12-2012, 11:14 AM
poisonthesteve
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way I don't actually have any SOA shirts regardless of what some may think!

Old 02-12-2012, 11:26 AM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by 09FLHT
O.K. what town was that and what year was that?
Havasu a few years ago. Corrupt *** ****ing town with a good old boy system. The Magistrate was forced out after my case (not because of my case) for corruption after multiple investigations and reprimands by the state.

Edit: While going through the court process I discovered they like to target tourist, including Marines that visit from nearby 29 Palms (they paint themselves a patiotic town that supports the military), as a source of revenue. Get involved in some **** in that town and they charge you with disorderly conduct and fine you and throw you in jail. Do a google search of corruption in that city and there is alot going on there for a tiny tourist town.

Last edited by RedNose44; 02-12-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:44 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,041 Likes on 17,930 Posts

Originally Posted by RedNose44
Havasu a few years ago. Corrupt *** ****ing town with a good old boy system. The Magistrate was forced out after my case for corruption after multiple investigations by the state.
Gove country Kansas used to be the same way , local sheriff and Judge where related and they had a real scam running . Stopped me & the OL in a driving rain storm I'm not doing 50 it's blowing so hard , ended up with a gun against my head laying face down in a puddle on the side of I-70 while this yokel did his god act . Took my wallet and tossed the OL in the back of car and I got to follow him to jail . 3 hrs later we see the judge , my " fine " for reckless speed is $10 less than I had in cash , surprise ...............

I stash hold out money in several places when traveling so he only got a couple C notes , but fuc talk a game . Same gig their little empire imploded a few years later when they run this on somebody with real connections .

Old 02-12-2012, 11:51 AM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedNose44
Havasu a few years ago. Corrupt *** ****ing town with a good old boy system. The Magistrate was forced out after my case (not because of my case) for corruption after multiple investigations and reprimands by the state.
How many years is a couple?
Reason Im asking is I live in Central AZ and Ive always thought of Havasu as more of a Californians retirement community. So a "locals only" bar would be a bunch of blue haired ex Cali. residents. Its an expensive place to live. But maybe you stumbled into a back neighborhood joint in the section where those who live and work there that wasnt to keen on tourists? Its understandable when you live in a tourist town. You deal with them all day, you dont want to be around them when you are off work relaxing.
As for being corrupt, I think that whole county is. Have you heard whats going on in Quartzite?

Old 02-12-2012, 11:52 AM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Gove country Kansas used to be the same way , local sheriff and Judge where related and they had a real scam running . Stopped me & the OL in a driving rain storm I'm not doing 50 it's blowing so hard , ended up with a gun against my head laying face down in a puddle on the side of I-70 while this yokel did his god act . Took my wallet and tossed the OL in the back of car and I got to follow him to jail . 3 hrs later we see the judge , my " fine " for reckless speed is $10 less than I had in cash , surprise ...............

I stash hold out money in several places when traveling so he only got a couple C notes , but fuc talk a game . Same gig their little empire imploded a few years later when they run this on somebody with real connections .
This is the kind of **** that you expect in Mexico, not in the US where you think you have some rights. Gotta be careful where you go and what you do.

roadglider05
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

Trainlights was correct about the tool bags back than, if you didn't know what to do you were in boot mode with your thumb out. Have you seen the new multi tool with the 2011 flt's, strictly thumb mode.

Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's Kansas for ya...... IQ curve and Family Trees are about as flat as the state is.

(not that we don't have some people like that in MO...but we Mule State peeps are ethically obligated to make fun of Kansas)

Old 02-12-2012, 11:53 AM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
don't know about that one.....the one's I've seen that went bra-less are pretty saggy now
Expectations are lower.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:06 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09FLHT
How many years is a couple?
Reason Im asking is I live in Central AZ and Ive always thought of Havasu as more of a Californians retirement community. So a "locals only" bar would be a bunch of blue haired ex Cali. residents. Its an expensive place to live. But maybe you stumbled into a back neighborhood joint in the section where those who live and work there that wasnt to keen on tourists? Its understandable when you live in a tourist town. You deal with them all day, you dont want to be around them when you are off work relaxing.
As for being corrupt, I think that whole county is. Have you heard whats going on in Quartzite?
I don't want to get to specific on my case because I have property out there and I don't trust the town to not **** with me. I am selling as soon as the market comes back (which will be a while).

Yeah, there are alot of people there that are originally from Cali, but alot of them don't like Californians (does not make sense, but it exist out there). Most of the "blue hairs" are snow birds that don't actually live there.

The bar I went to is a local bar. When I first contacted my Lawyer he said they beat people down there on a regular basis and the cops and town back them up.

As far as living expenses, the town is actually a cheap place to live. They don't have any jobs though because of both the economy and the town ****ing with tourist. The good old boys that run the town don't care, but alot of the locals want them to stop ****ing with people because they are chasing tourist and dollars away from the city.

When I went to court there was about 30 people waiting for their cases to go in front of the magistrate. The vast majority were tourist, with some being Marines from 29 Palms, and most were charged with disorderly conduct. That seems to be their catch all charge to extort money out of people. They have even had cases out there where they have arrested people for cussing and charged them with disorderly conduct. This has been controversial because in conflicts with your first ammendment rights. they don;t seem to care out there though, they do what they want.

I have done alot of research on the town since my **** went down, and I was surprised at what I found. I guess I was a little late in doing my research.

It's funny you mention Quartzite. One of the guys on my cell was from Quartzite. He was telling me how ****ed up the town was, and then I see a bunch of stuff about it on national news a couple years ago.

You are right about Mohave County being corrupt. Their is actually an orginization out (Mohave County Justice Watch) that tracks the corruption going on.

The town motto: Come On Vacation, Leave On Probation...

Last edited by RedNose44; 02-12-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..