General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:31 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I know...it's just that the I paid cash vs I signed my name arguments grate on my nerves

Old 02-08-2012, 02:51 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,032 Likes on 17,923 Posts

I hear ya partner , myself I have an aversion to payments of any kind my house is it right now . 2 ex wives taught me hard lessons on that one so I hoard money , turns out with the crap economy that's one of the smarter things I've learned to do .

A man does what he needs to do get what he wants in this life and no two paths are rights for everyone .

Old 02-08-2012, 03:29 PM
torchman
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my bikes cash money, used low miles plain janes, my ride now is 99 nighttrain bought it cheap stuck little money in it here and there when I had some and the time, same with the trike I bought the wife, triked it in my garage, long way to go on that thing to finish it off but got a good start. Just can`t see me spendin 18-20g`s on a bike I`m going to change everything on anyways. I try not to borrow on anything I give a **** about, lost alot of **** in my life due to my sparkling personality, don`t want to lose these. you never know in this economy.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:34 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
This is funny I'm in the middle of rewiring a shovel so a guy can take a road trip thrusday and be legal with turn signals and some extra lights up front , just came in for a dinner break before I finish it tonight . I like doing wiring jobs late at night for some reason , more focused no disturbances nice and quiet and the radio has the best old music after 12 .

Yeah, twisted, don't forget to mention that your brains work best an hour or two after you wake up, which makes the job a lot easyer.: icon_mrgreen:

Oh, and don't hold back. We normal mortals call it dinner, but you can keep calling it breakfast.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Recycled
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by torchman
I bought my bikes cash money, used low miles plain janes...
Smart and a man after my own heart. If you are going to change it up the way you want it anyhow who needs a brand new no miles bike?
I bought this last bike with the full intention of it giving me something to do during the winters. I take full advantage of the riding season (which is too short here) and plan upgrades/mods for the winter. That gives me lots of time to keep an eye out for good deals and come up with a plan for when it turns cold. For me wrenching is half the fun and I never could leave a bike the way it came out of the box. I might not live the lifestyle of the rich but I bet I enjoy my life as much or more than they do.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:03 PM
RockerSE
Road Captain

Big difference in demographics as shown by marketing efforts.
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....NhZn5QZg%3D%3D

Old 02-08-2012, 05:29 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,032 Likes on 17,923 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
Yeah, twisted, don't forget to mention that your brains work best an hour or two after you wake up, which makes the job a lot easyer.: icon_mrgreen:

Oh, and don't hold back. We normal mortals call it dinner, but you can keep calling it breakfast.
I'm an insomniac by nature , half the time I don't know what day of the week it is . Which is cool saves a boatload of money on a drug habit you know

Old 02-08-2012, 09:13 PM
LDB187
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

got my 1st tat of my club colors for a dime bags of white crosses. this was in fontana and rode back to berdoo at 4 in the morn after taking about 3 qualudes and a couple bottle of booms farm. 1976.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:44 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LDB187
got my 1st tat of my club colors for a dime bags of white crosses. this was in fontana and rode back to berdoo at 4 in the morn after taking about 3 qualudes and a couple bottle of booms farm. 1976.
hard core man, hard core.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:19 PM
BlueNoser
Tourer

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Why bother with the bike just get the gear pose a bit and say you rode there ?
Agree 100%,,but a very high percentage of riders these days would tell you that you are F***ing nuts to suggest camping, or totally insane to suggest riding across trhe country when you can trailer. Is it MONEY DRIVEN or just a new attitude???

DISCLAIMER- Yes I do own a Touhauler now and my wife and I do a lot of camping and take the bike with us. It is nice to sleep in the TH but I would not trade the rides and camping trips from the past for anything. IE Nova Scotia to Sturgis and back, wife on the back of Heritage ST, 5 days of rain coming home,pup tent and sleeping bags soaked, campgrounds soaked. We laugh about it now but That'll test a marriage then.

Quick Reply: Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..