General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 06:02 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose
I thought we were way past the "I put on more miles, so I'm more of a biker than you", this should fall into the thread about most asked questions!!?? jmho.
that was in one of my articles, remember?

just pisses me off when people tell me you post so much you prob never ride. other people get told the same thing (like the op telling twizted).
This has turned into a thread with a lot of good stories and pictures from the past. makes me wish I was 16 again

Old 02-03-2012, 06:07 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,036 Likes on 17,926 Posts

Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose
I thought we were way past the "I put on more miles, so I'm more of a biker than you", this should fall into the thread about most asked questions!!?? jmho.
We where but a particular fresh meat monkey has his *** all up in air about a high post count making one a poser , I just pissed all his cheerio's by showing you can have a post count and miles . Gets more than a little annoying when some asswipe gets out the high horse thinking nothing but miles makes anybody a biker , you gotta be a man before anything else that's the big difference between old school and today's riders . Mileage doesn't mean a damn thing except a guy likes to ride and that's a great thing .

Old 02-03-2012, 06:17 PM
randayn
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dear Fred or " Twizted's Sister", Dude, whisper in a corner or post like a man. I don't know either of you, no horse in the race. I have no mans back, cause I am usually standing in front. I am just an observer in this case.

You want to make a point, Make it sharp and stab it deep. Great thread but you dropped a stitch. Man up, if You fkup , admit it take a hit to the shoulder and get square.

If you fkup and stand on one leg you are going down. "I am sorry" are not the words of a pssy. A real man has to apologize many times for being a real man and a real man accepts and forgives. Peace

You asked a question, this is an example.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:50 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,349 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I just got a PM from the OP ,

[QUOTEDeadFred]Dude. for real?!...11,000 posts.?...gimme a ****in break. do you spend more time ridin your computer than really riding.......you POSER!!!!]

Wow, this guy is noting but a closet fairy. I was thinking that if he read these posts he might chime in and say he screwed up, but that obviously is not going to happen.

This POS needs to be "got gone"...

Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure back in the day, one dude wouldn't talk about punching someone in the face, have one dude respond and then have so many followers jump in and defend the guy being the jerk in the first place. I don't know the OP either, but being old doesn't give you the right to be crappy to other people. I really don't give a sh*t what anyone else says, but I do think it's pretty damn funny reading all the comments from "HIS" fan club.
Flame away!!

BTW, Praising your biker messiah doesn't make you any more a biker than the OP.

Last edited by greenstreetbob; 02-03-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I just got a PM from the OP ,

DeadFred]Dude. for real?!...11,000 posts.?...gimme a ****in break. do you spend more time ridin your computer than really riding.......you POSER!!!!

Let me clue you junior , this is speedo number 6 on my bike of 30 yrs she like to eat them between 70,000 & 80,000 for some reason and I didn't run one for a couple years . My fucing seat has more miles than you'll put on anything besides your mouth . While you where doing whatever in your young and clueless life I was out there doing it when it was real . I live in Ca. and my 05 truck only has 39,000 on it so do the math and a little less mouth you'll do ok .
Bwahahaha!
Man, what a dumbazz. He just couldn't resist chewing his own boots some more, could he?

And man, I love that speedo.

Edit: Green, this isn't about being someone's fanboy, or even Twizted's comments themselves.
This is about the OP coming in out of the blue, being a smartass to try to stroke his own inferior ego....and then when he got laughed at instead of ego-stroked, he tried to play keyboard toughguy and just ended up proving himself to be just a sad, pathetic hypocrite.

It's not about Twizted...or even the OP being stupid enough to called a respected veteran member of this forum a poser when said person is well known to be more "true old school" than most of us here.
It's just about us laughing a clown who tried to make up for his lack of self esteem but managing to just make himself look even stupider.

Last edited by Gruamach; 02-03-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:29 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OkieRoadWarrior66
I was a kid back then, but based on the pics I've seen from that era, I'd say the biggest difference is that there were fewer windshields back then.
You're right.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by tmitchellof PG
I wasn't as lucky. My wife had a RD 350 so she could ride along when I had my Triumph. It never ran right. The oil injection system was all screwed up. When ever we went any where I would bring several spark plugs, which we would change out every 1/2 hour or so.
I never had a 2 stroke road bike, but had a few Yamaha dirt bikes in the 70's and 80's. Wasn't at all impressed with the oil injection, so disconnected it and mixed Amsoil 2 stroke synthetic; if I remember right, Amsoil said 100 to 1 mix, and I used 50 to 1 to be safe; that wasn't much oil anyway. Got noticeably better power, but never found out how much more top end; about 7 or 8 mph above the stock top end, would blow the exhaust gasket, and on a 2 stroke, you really limped home with that, lost most of it's go. The synthetic didn't smoke, either.

Originally Posted by Harley_Dude
...Time seem to go by a lot faster than it did twenty years ago.
You must be retired, and if not, you're going to learn how much faster it can go by. I retired in '09, about 3 months ago...

Originally Posted by greenstreetbob
BTW, Praising your biker messiah doesn't make you any more a biker than the OP.
No, but it shows a little respect for the real thing. Never considered myself a biker anyway, just rode what I had the money for (not many Harley's, that's for sure), wore what was comfortable (never had any interest in "colors"), and have been pretty much a loner. Don't put a lot of miles on my bikes any more, since there's no job to drive/ride to (put less than 2000 on my cars last year). I just like motorcycles, and motorcycle people. Most of them, anyway.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

In the 70's...

...the guys working at the Harley dealership were mostly a$$holes.

... the movie On Any Sunday was way better than the overrated Easy Rider of the 60's.

... you actually went to the races during Bike Week.

...there were only a handful of motorcycle clubs and they were all bada$$!

..if a buddy needed a ride you didn't think twice about having him hop on the back of your scoot.

... it didn't matter if you rode a Suzuki 50 or Honda CB750 or Shovelhead, you were part of the craze.

... you didn't need an Ultra Classic to tour the country.

... the only King I recognized as royalty was Kenny Roberts.

... everyone at least attempted to work on their bike.

... Chuck Taylor High-tops were acceptable riding shoes (still are).

...the drive down to Daytona; the Harley's stranded in the emergency lane on I-95 equaled the population of a small third world country.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:04 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

and did'nt need helmets

Quick Reply: Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..