General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 03:27 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_mama
used to roll one up and stick it in this bad boy. power hitter FTW

Ahh the bed side smoker!

Old 02-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the most important thing is that OP has been on here every day since he started this thread, but hasn't posted a SINGLE thing since ate his own shoes.....this makes me laugh since the last thing he said was ranting about what a real-life badass he must be compared to others here (esp Twizted).
Now he's having to read how he only managed to embarrass himself and doesn't know what to say for himself after 48 hours of us laughing at him.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:48 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Gruamach
I think the most important thing is that OP has been on here every day since he started this thread, but hasn't posted a SINGLE thing since ate his own shoes.....this makes me laugh since the last thing he said was ranting about what a real-life badass he must be compared to others here (esp Twizted).
Now he's having to read how he only managed to embarrass himself and doesn't know what to say for himself after 48 hours of us laughing at him.
Yeah the thread that wouldn't die.

& quit suckin up to Twisted you guys. His head gets any bigger he's gonna be impossible to live with.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:50 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

He's back just look in the new members section!

Old 02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I used to carry this little 6" rectangle purple bong with me when I rode. would use pepsi or whatever we were drinking at the time for the water in it.
ahhhhh...the good ol days

Old 02-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by paulpa
well because of the more user friendly bikes there are people now that ride and don't need the mechanical knowledge that we did back then even little things like chain adjustments,changing tires wheel bearings,and even a simple valve job,,,another thing is the aftermarket parts offered today,doing away with alot of the fabrication of parts,,,,,and the clothes offered,man i had a leather jacket and long johns,,,i don't even remeber seeing a pair of chaps till 76,,,,,the way we are treated by the dealers,,,back then the mechanic would explain and show you what was going on,,,,now the bike is locked up in some space where the insurance gods certainly wouldn't give the dealership permission to let some idiot back there to see whats happening,,,,and you used to deal with the owner of the franchise,,,helll they were so close to going out of business the just about kissed your ***,,,,the sad part is some of the same guys own the same franchises today and couldn't care less if you bought a bike or not,,,,,harleys cuctomer service sucks today,but thats true of about 75 % of us companies....years ago you couldn't just walk in any bar or resturaunt and expect to get served,,,,we dont allow leather jackets,,,,,get the bike outta the parking lot,,,it leaks oil all over...now holy **** bars ,dealers ,resturaunts all want u there...i'll think of some more but thats the basics,,,,,but damn i couldnt ride my shovel 800 miles in a day,,,,my glide eats the road,,,what a beautiful thing
Ah, would you mind saying that again? I am still a little confused.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hagger
Yeah the thread that wouldn't die.

& quit suckin up to Twisted you guys. His head gets any bigger he's gonna be impossible to live with.
I almost mentioned how it's gone so off from the OP's drivel that it's almost like "Wait, who?" about him.

As for Twizted....meh, his head is maxed out & unlivable already.
Originally Posted by soft 02
He's back just look in the new members section!
His post count has been 12 since I first saw this thread, just after his last post to it.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:38 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by randayn
In the 1970s the pills were red and yellow, orange and green and pink and white. $2.00 a hit. Now they are blue And cost $10.00.
-LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL-

Crosstops and Coors, weed and a running shovel. Ride out the coast to get away from the heat. Worst you could get were some crabs, or if you were real unlucky the clap.

Police rigs on resale in front of Dudley-Perkins were cheap. No helmets in the early 70s. The music was better and people were not stupid enough to call out folks they didn't know, at least not in public...

Old 02-01-2012, 04:44 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

I almost mentioned how it's gone so off from the OP's drivel that it's almost like "Wait, who?" about him.

As for Twizted....meh, his head is maxed out & unlivable already.

His post count has been 12 since I first saw this thread, just after his last post to it.
What im saying is he prob just made a new acc and new name.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:17 PM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Exclamation

Wow, 25 + pages!

just another 2 cents here, You had to know how to turn a wrench.
And you where taught to say nothing but see and her everything, (Respect)

The Best was the knowledge about the special pull or button on the soda machine!!
Thank you Gypsylady that brings back some long forgotten memories,

With that was the feeling when you were trusted with the keys to the soda machine
to fetch a few, And or to lock the shop or station when you where done. Trust

Respect & Trust meant something

no such thing as a CC you had a page in a hard bound book and the account was always kept up to date when you made good on the account it always went hand in hand with a few cold ones that where shared or a smoke.

Carl

Quick Reply: Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..