General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:20 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe the bikers of the 70s didn't visit internet forums and whine about modern bikers. Now they may have whined about them in bars or something but I was too young to know. I was 10 in 77 when I got my first bike.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:22 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
I believe the bikers of the 70s didn't visit internet forums and whine about modern bikers. Now they may have whined about them in bars or something but I was too young to know. I was 10 in 77 when I got my first bike.
if there were internet forums at the time can you imagine the sheer amount of bitching about the moco?

Last edited by schumacher; 02-01-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:34 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,034 Likes on 17,924 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
Geeze, can't leave you guys alone for a minute!

I remember when folks learned to ride without taking a class. Bike shops were exactly that..Shops...Not clothing stores...And if ya knew which button to push on the soda machine, it'd spit out a can of beer. Miss those days.
Now that's funny I had one of those in my garage late 70's $.25 cans of beer made it self supporting and keep the mooch's down .

Damn lady I had forgotten completely about that thing .

Old 02-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Differences... I stay under 100 now, stay out of water up to my ***, don't race cars, don't hill climb on street bikes, don't take cross country short cuts on dressers (baggers, for you young'uns), don't ride in snow, don't stay overnight in gas stations (yeah, some used to let you do that, with the bike locked in the bay), don't tie a pillow case with my clothes on the back of the seat, don't sneak a piece of paper between my buddy's points for giggles, and I'm usually home, all warm and comfy when it gets dark. Best of all, the beauty that rides with me now is my daughter instead of a wife (and if TwiZted Biker agrees with that last and DeadFred doesn't, I'll feel in good company).

Old 02-01-2012, 11:42 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Now that's funny I had one of those in my garage late 70's $.25 cans of beer made it self supporting and keep the mooch's down .

Damn lady I had forgotten completely about that thing .
We drank more DP than beer back then, (went thru a lot of ZigZag tho.) Now a days just have a small refrigerator in the shop out back and it manages to stay full and it's nice I'm not the only one filling it. Guess we've changed that way too.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:43 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Like this one ? 73 I did for a friend last year .

Oh damn that's nice. Had a '74 in HI Fi Blue N White....wish I had it back...

Old 02-01-2012, 11:47 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,034 Likes on 17,924 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Differences... I stay under 100 now, stay out of water up to my ***, don't race cars, don't hill climb on street bikes, don't take cross country short cuts on dressers (baggers, for you young'uns), don't ride in snow, don't stay overnight in gas stations (yeah, some used to let you do that, with the bike locked in the bay), don't tie a pillow case with my clothes on the back of the seat, don't sneak a piece of paper between my buddy's points for giggles, and I'm usually home, all warm and comfy when it gets dark. Best of all, the beauty that rides with me now is my daughter instead of a wife (and if TwiZted Biker agrees with that last and DeadFred doesn't, I'll feel in good company).
Well said man , I used granddads old seabag instead of a pillow case or one of the old rugs granny had in the basement just roll everything in and strap it to the bars .

HooRah on the dirt bike gig I'll still do that on occasion , why my bike sits so high .

Old 02-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Amish gone bad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmancuso
What's a virgin?
Some mythical creature mentioned in the Koran and the Bible and places.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:58 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by vet767
We drank more DP than beer back then, (went thru a lot of ZigZag tho.) Now a days just have a small refrigerator in the shop out back and it manages to stay full and it's nice I'm not the only one filling it. Guess we've changed that way too.
There were only two types of zigzags...one was white and the other was ornge and they wernt at the front of the register in 20 frekkin flavors!

Old 02-01-2012, 12:00 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Amish gone bad
Some mythical creature mentioned in the Koran and the Bible and places.
40 virgins heck I just want 4 or 5 girls who know what they are doing!

Last edited by soft 02; 02-01-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Biggest difrence between Bikers of the 70's and these "Bikers" we got now..