General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 dudes ridin' 2-up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

That is why there is a grab strap on the seat, so he can hold on without putting his arms around you. It's your brother. Who cares. Go ride and have a blast. Then help him pick out his own bike.

If I had a brother and thought that taking him for a ride may convince him to start riding, I would throw him on the back of the bike without a thought of what other people think.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:26 PM
suthrn
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Gaydar posts or tooo funny! (expected alot of 'em) Got a laugh from most of 'em, but the "sack in the back" makes me shivvvver!

Old 01-30-2012, 12:27 PM
suthrn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by L0W R1D3R
That is why there is a grab strap on the seat, so he can hold on without putting his arms around you. It's your brother. Who cares. Go ride and have a blast. Then help him pick out his own bike.

If I had a brother and thought that taking him for a ride may convince him to start riding, I would throw him on the back of the bike without a thought of what other people think.
My thoughts exactly!

Old 01-30-2012, 12:29 PM
09heritagerider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went for a ride with my Dad around the neighborhood a couple times when I first bought my bike...I'm sure it looked gay as hell, but he wanted to teach me not to lug the engine and show me when to shift. I would laugh if I saw 2 guys riding together, but wouldn't make any judgement as to their sexuality...it's just plain funny!

Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 PM
FUBAR55
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at "HarleyFest" a few years back.
The staff channeled you into this field for parking.
One of the local MC's had a real nice spot right at the entrance under some trees. A couple of the boy's were protecting the spot and Nobody was arguing.
A buddy of mine and I parked our bikes and started into the festival. When we were at the protected area a couple of the MCers rode in. Nothin unusual, except for the fact they were on 1 bike. 2 big ol honkers with beards down to their chests hair in braided pony tails ridin 2 up.
We bit our tongues til we were inside and laughed our asses off.
I guess it was all right, after all they are Brothers.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:39 PM
suthrn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by suthrn
I'm 44 and the lil' brother is 41 and he's never been on a scoot... was thinking about giving him a ride to show 'em what he's missing but got to thinking... I've never seen 2 dudes riding 2-up! Whatcha' think? Be ready to rumble?
Originally Posted by IronAss
I think if you are concerned about what anyone thinks then neither one of you need to be riding in the 1st place. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the 1st time but that's my story and I'm stickin to it.
Originally Posted by IronAss
Hey guy. You asked! and I quote for your OP......."Whatcha' think"? I don't offer opinions unless asked.

You sound like my ex OL. She would ask me for an opinion regarding something one of her kids had done and then when she didn't like the answer she would tell me to mind my own business.
Go ahead buddy... Puff your chest out, tell me I don't need to be riding, then compare me to your ol' lady... You sure you're not trying to over compensate for something? Get over yourself, get your testosterone in check, have a beer and relax.

Last edited by suthrn; 01-30-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Two FF helmets, dark shields... no problem

Old 01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

After my brother completed surgery & radiation for a brain tumor and radiation & chemo for lung cancer his wife told him he needed to come to California to visit me. My brother had never ridden on a motorcycle and I had no problem packing him on the back for a 100 mile round trip. We stopped at my favorite biker bar and I introduced him to several guys I hang out with. No one made any smart comments.......and if someone did who I didn't know, we would have had a problem.

Ride your brother! He will really enjoy doing something with you that you love.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:13 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Double post......

Last edited by harleydavis; 01-30-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: double post
Old 01-30-2012, 01:15 PM
aidansdad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right after i bought my RG, my friend asked if i'd take him for a ride as he'd never ridden a street bike. He's my best friend that i love like a brother, so I wasn't gonna let some homophobia keep him from riding. But there was enough room so we weren't "nut to butt."

Quick Reply: 2 dudes ridin' 2-up?