General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 dudes ridin' 2-up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 06:20 AM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Back in the day a motorcycle was a fun way to get from one place to another. Now we have all these unwritten rules that are all bout "image."

In the 70's, I was a college student with a motorcycle as my only means of transportation. I lived in off campus housing with three other students & not a car between us. One of the guys and I used to follow his uncle on the USAC Sprint Car Circut. We took quite a few road trips two-up to various tracks. Nobody gave it a second thought about two guys riding two-up. No one ever got teased about it or heard the first bad joke.

Oh yeah, back then I rode in an open-collared button down shirt too. I didn't know a black t-shirt was required. The bike seemed to operate just fine without it, though.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 AM
06Fatboy_CT
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dad always told me stories about back in the day him and his best bud would go bar hopping on his shovel. Might be gay, but I wouldn't say anything to his friend about it. 100% bad dude. lol

One time I was walking down the road to my friends parents house and a friend came by on his ninja, said where ya going? I told him down the road, he said hop on. I was hesitant, but I did. he ripped away, past the house went through the center of my town beeping and yelling, hey everyone look at the big gay guy on the back! haha Its funny now but I was kinda ticked at the time, jumped off at the next light.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 AM
BigTM
Cruiser

Be sure to speed up and hit brakes hard a few times. T

Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 AM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
The problem is not that they are homophobes...
The problem is that if get close enough to another man they are afraid they may like it.
They are either very insecure in their sexual orientation or they have been tempted in the past and are now desperate to stay away from that temptation.....
+1
I started riding in the early 60's,1963,and it was never a thought or concern.If someone had said something they would have been considered the odd one.

What a stupid thing to worry about.
I can't believe all the folks that are all worried about what someone they don't even know is thinking about them.
Geez...grow a pair.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:56 AM
Vikingur
Tourer

Are you afraid of what people will think? Or are you afraid that you'll like it? It's like Jiu Jitsu - it's only gay if you make eye contact.

Last edited by Vikingur; 01-31-2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: pic
Old 01-31-2012, 07:57 AM
blackchipjim
Road Captain
Default 2 up!

Give your bro a ride and have fun. What the hell do you care what people think? I don't give a **** what people think about what I do. If someone gives you some **** when you park it, kick their ***.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:07 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Father wanted to ride on my motorcycle behind me because he gave it up years ago and was afraid of his skills. I would have let him take either Harley and ride where ever he wanted if he asked. Him riding behind me would be safer than his riding alone. I am glad he chose riding behind me. If anyone had insisted on being rude about us riding together we would have dealt with that problem if it became necessary. I know that 80 year old man is in good shape because he still works out on his speed bag hanging in the shop everyday. Could be fun to watch him kick some *** again.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Scratt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take him for a ride.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:53 AM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vikingur
Are you afraid of what people will think? Or are you afraid that you'll like it? It's like Jiu Jitsu - it's only gay if you make eye contact.

Now there is two guys who can kick the crap out of anyone on this forum. Go ahead and call either one if them gay ans you will be toothless with a broken arm in under 30 seconds.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Amish gone bad
Tourer

You know, if I gave a crap what other people thought I'd sell the scoot, shave the beard and stop making 300 miles lunch trips. So yeah - I've ridden a dude or two on the back seat. If it gets them to work when their cage died or whatever the reason was, fine. Anyone wants to think that makes me gay, God love them. I've been accused of worse - someone once mistook me for an attorney.

Now there was this time two years back when I had a sheep tied across the luggage rack ---------- don't ask. But like the one other thread, it sounded like a good idea at the time.

Quick Reply: 2 dudes ridin' 2-up?