General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody here wear "Hot Leathers" Leather??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody here wear "Hot Leathers" Leather??

Stopped in the local Army Navy store yesterday looking at this and that and noticed these jackets. Looked really nice and heavy built. I tried one on and really liked the one I had but it was a tad too small. Nice heavy leather, vented and heavy duty YKK zippers. For $150 bucks how could you go wrong?? Lookin at this one here.

http://www.hotleathers.com/Men39s-Le...P6753C207.aspx

I like this one because its "naked leather" but its more and they didnt have it there to see in person.

http://www.hotleathers.com/Mens-vent...P6756C207.aspx

They got some nice naked leather chaps for a little over $100 too.

Just seeing what you guys thought if you had them.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:50 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

The first one you linked to for $139.95 is the exact one I have. I bought it at Outer Banks Bike Week for $99. I really like it and think it's pretty damn nice for that price. I'd buy another one if I had to.
Sure there are nicer ones for a lot more money but I ain't rich and I don't spend a lot of money on clothing.

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 01-25-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:52 PM
frankiefire702
Road Master

I have a vest from them. Heavy leather and nice quality.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one of their vests & it's pretty good.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:47 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I've learned recently that when buying on-line, make exactly sure of what you're getting. I ordered an All-State jacket. Had a red white and blue depiction of the U.S. for the main tag in it, and since it didn't say "imported", I figured it was made in the USA. When I got it, I found out it was water buffalo hide and from Pakistan. Jacket is 4 months old (only worn regularly the last couple of months when it's gotten cold), and it's already dried out and looking 100 years old. I've been using some stuff called leather life, and it really helps to bring back it's shine and softness. But, within a few days it's looking old again. I have a feeling the tanning process over there leaves a lot to be desired. Oh, I paid less than $100 for it.

The moral of the story is, be very careful and expect to get the quality that you pay for.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:00 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

I have a leather vest from them also. Good quality IMO...

Old 01-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
I've learned recently that when buying on-line, make exactly sure of what you're getting. I ordered an All-State jacket. Had a red white and blue depiction of the U.S. for the main tag in it, and since it didn't say "imported", I figured it was made in the USA. When I got it, I found out it was water buffalo hide and from Pakistan. Jacket is 4 months old (only worn regularly the last couple of months when it's gotten cold), and it's already dried out and looking 100 years old. I've been using some stuff called leather life, and it really helps to bring back it's shine and softness. But, within a few days it's looking old again. I have a feeling the tanning process over there leaves a lot to be desired. Oh, I paid less than $100 for it.

The moral of the story is, be very careful and expect to get the quality that you pay for.
When you buy a Gold Mine cheap, you're probably only getting the shaft.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:16 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
When you buy a Gold Mine cheap, you're probably only getting the shaft.
True dat.
Just ask these guys...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725358

Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain

Whoa guys were getting off track with the "not what I ordered stuff"......Hot Leathers is sold 15 miles from me at the Army Navy Store. I get to see what I want and what I buy first hand. I ask him if they had had any issues with them and he said very quickly, "NO, but if you do you bring it back to ME, I want my customers to be happy."

Ive looked at the Fox Creek stuff, Langlitz, Schotz, Vanson, HD FXRG etc. Yeah there NICE, but they are $$$$. Were talking $150 bucks here. It only says "Top grain leather".....so not sure if its water buffalo or what. They dont claim to be made in USA or anything of the sort. It is what it is. I would really like to hear a long term review on there leather.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought some Chaps from Hot leathers about 8 years ago. I think I paid about $75 bucks for em. I don't use them too often but their still holding up good. They really help on nice Fall foliage cruises when the air is a little crispy.

I do remember trying on a whole bunch of them until I found a set that fit right.

Quick Reply: Anybody here wear "Hot Leathers" Leather??