General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunglasses question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 01:37 PM
guitarman777
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunglasses question...

This is for full-face helmet riders. What sunglasses do you wear? What's the most comfortable make & model you've found that are the most comfortable and don't fog up when riding?

Old 12-13-2006, 01:48 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Sunglasses question...

I wear a Shoei X-11 full face helmet when it get's cold. For sunglasses I wear a
pair of Oakley's that I also use for cycling. They fit well but I don't like how they
create blind spots. I haven't tried other sunglasses yet and don't know if others
would be any better. They also fog when I first put them on but it's not a factor
after that.

I prefer to wear my half helmet with my Panoptix day/night goggles when it's warmer.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:33 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Shoei RF-1000 full face (and an Aria full face as a backup). I also wear an older pair of Oakleys. I like how they wrap around a bit and the plastic ear pieces seem to fit in the helmets pretty well. Can't say they never fog up, but since they only wrap and aren't sealed against my face, they aren't too bad.

I tried some Panoptix (sp?) and found they fogged up even when the helmet didn't!

Old 12-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

when i rode sportbikes, i always wore a Shoei full-face helmet w/a dark tinted shield (other than night riding). i never wore sunglasses... just my rx glasses.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:41 PM
paulca
Road Captain

I use Oakley frames with prescription transition lenses, slight wrap around. Worn various glasses with Nolan, Shoei, AGV and now Shark FF helmets but the Oakleys with the Shark RSI are the best combination I've had to date. Sometimes a little fogging can occur if stationary, weather is damp / cold and visor is closed but easlily overcome by a) keeping glasses/shades clean and open the visor a little if stopped or very slow. Sorry I don't know the madel of the Oakleys, I've had them for some years now and they're still OK.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:44 AM
guitarman777
Road Captain

I had a pair of Oakleys. A few months ago my wife and I were house- and dog-sitting for good friends of ours. Sometime over that weekend, I lost 'em. I LOST 'EM. It's been driving me insane, because they'd be perfect. Not to mention I had just gotten them back from Oakley after the right earpiece broke while I was on tour in Colorado. Sent them in and they sent me a brand-spanking new pair, and I had them put in their $80 polarized lenses to boot. And now they're GONE! Not at our friends' place, not in my wife's classroom, not at my work... ugh. They would have been perfect...

So Oakleys seem to be the consensus. What about those BikerGlasses that are advertised and endorsed here? I know they're more for non-full-face helmet riders, but ya think they would fit?

Old 12-14-2006, 11:20 AM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

I used to use a full tinited shield on my shoei rf-900.

With the rf-1000 I am using a pin-lock shield. Basically it is a clear shield but on the inside there is a sub-shield that you can get in various tints. Works well for me AND it doesn't fog at all.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:22 PM
WillieC
Road Master

I have the Shoei RF-1000 and rec specs. I never use the face shield. I take it off
because the visibility is better, less buffetting no fogging etc.
In super cold weather I put on my wind screen.

WillieC