General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use a throttle rocker?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Velcro ones on all three bikes. Love them.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

On a really long road trip I use a Cramp Buster style. I rotate it so that resting the palm of my hand on it keeps the bike running down the road. A little pressure to pass or on an up-grade, a little less on a down hill, and if I move my hand away at all, the Throttle closes.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 AM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
I guess I'll cast a dissenting vote. Bought one and gave it a try, but didn't like it so I popped it off. They're cheap enough, so why not give one a try and decide for yourself.
This was my experience, too. I rode with it for awhile, didn't like it, and could never get used to it. I found myself having little unintended throttle surges when accidentally bumping it. I gave it to a friend and shelled out the money to put cruise control on the FLHR.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:18 PM
reclaimer53
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Left mine off one day after washing my bike and it drove me crazy not having it. I never thought I would miss it that much.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:37 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My previously enjoyed RoadKing came with the Kury ISO grips and have the throttle boss on both grips works great to relieve pressure and rest wrists on long trips .

I really liked them .

After a long trip the GF complined of sore Wrists so i bought her ....Throttle Rockers ...for both sides on her 1999FXR3 for like $17 on sale . they are really nice ,easy to put on with the velcro straps and really help.

Last edited by baust55; 01-24-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:22 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by santajim
I have the Kury ISO grips and have the throttle boss on both grips works great to relieve pressure, I can lay my hands on them with the cruise on and relax.
I have the same Kuryakyn ISO grip set up, but with only the throttle boss on the throttle side. Really like it!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

They are great for long trips. I have had 2 stolen though, just too easy for some a/h to rip em off.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:41 AM
swampfox_csa
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DonN
They are great for long trips. I have had 2 stolen though, just too easy for some a/h to rip em off.
Sad when someone has to steal a $12 part. And hardly with the whippin' one might get from the bike's owner.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:57 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by harleydavis
I have the same Kuryakyn ISO grip set up, but with only the throttle boss on the throttle side. Really like it!
The problem I see with the throttle boss is you can't get it out of the way, when riding in town. I think Kuryakyn is missing a good design idea by not putting a hinge on the throttle boss that lets the paddle flip up 90 degrees, so you can move it for stop and go riding.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by harleydavis
I also have the helmet locks on the ISO grips as well as the bosses, extends grips a little but also give more area to rest hands on long trips.
Brenn after a while you don't even know it is there.

Quick Reply: Anyone use a throttle rocker?