General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

St. Augustine Harley Closing

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:47 AM
poppi
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Augustine Harley Closing

Received an email this morning that they are participating in the moco consolidation program. February 1, 2012.

Email from Adamec says they are taking over the store on St. George St. downtown.

Last edited by poppi; 01-20-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:35 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well glad I got a shirt form there when I was down there in 2010. That was an ok little dealer.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:19 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well at least their not leaving you without any dealer.

St Augustine was my first stop in Florida back in 1979 when I bought a new Chevette and took myself out for a cross country romp around the eastern US while in my teens.

Loved the tropical feel, even camped on the beach back then. I can remember running into the ocean for the first time and coming up with god-awful salt water in my eyes and mouth. Being from Michigan I'd never seen anything like it and our lakes are all fresh water. Never seen a jellyfish but learned quickly to stay away from them.

I returned there a couple more times over the years, even a stop on my honeymoon to Epcot (1986 when it opened). I remember a house back in the residential area that was a bar and had some very tasty burgers too. It was just a home with about 80 to 100 guests partying, but was open to the public.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Well

Most of the time, I am sad to see a dealer go. In this case, not so much. There bikes were ALL way overpriced and the sales staff were not so great. I went in to buy a bike a year or so ago. It was marked at 3000 over MSRP. When I asked about the chance of selling it close to MSRP, I was told to "find another dealer because if you don't pay the asking price, someone will"... They were obviously selling so many at their prices, they didn't need me...F em...Glad to see them go...

Old 01-20-2012, 11:38 AM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by poppi
Received an email this morning that they are participating in the moco consolidation program. February 1, 2012.

Email from Adamec says they are taking over the store on St. George St. downtown.
Another one bites the dust.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Coastal_Moto_Man
Former Sponsor
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I heard the t-shirt store was staying open but the actual dealership would be closed.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:52 PM
scasey
Road Master

It actually sucs b/c they were competition for Adamac and now AD own's the NE Florida region. Betting any deals at Adamac will also be gone after February 1st

Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 PM
poppi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scasey
It actually sucs b/c they were competition for Adamac and now AD own's the NE Florida region. Betting any deals at Adamac will also be gone after February 1st
Spot on. Now you are left with Adamec or Rossmyer's on the east coast

Old 01-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Sgt. Fury
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
Most of the time, I am sad to see a dealer go. In this case, not so much. There bikes were ALL way overpriced and the sales staff were not so great. I went in to buy a bike a year or so ago. It was marked at 3000 over MSRP. When I asked about the chance of selling it close to MSRP, I was told to "find another dealer because if you don't pay the asking price, someone will"... They were obviously selling so many at their prices, they didn't need me...F em...Glad to see them go...
You sure you it's not Adamec's you're thinking about?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:21 PM
20FXST06
Road Captain

I thought St. Augustine HD was actually owned by Rossmyer Group. Was told in-law was running the place for them.

Quick Reply: St. Augustine Harley Closing