General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bill janklow dead

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts
Default Bill janklow dead

Remember a few years ago former South Dakota governor ran a stop sign (like he said he always did) and killed motorcyclist Randy Scott?
I just read in Sundays obituary column that he died from brain cancer. Finally another arrogant (thinks he's above the law) politician gone. Thumbs up. Hope this starts a trend.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Ragnar Danneskjöld
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know anything about this. Did he actually admit to intentionally run stop signs?

Old 01-17-2012, 03:58 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This part is even more bs:

"Scott's family sued Janklow for damages, but the court ruled that because Janklow was on official business at the time, he was protected from any monetary claims by the Federal Tort Claims Act, which ascribes liability to the government as opposed to the individual who is acting in a governmental capacity. In July 2006, Scott's family filed a $25 million wrongful death suit against the U.S. government. The lawsuit was settled for $1 million on May 14, 2008."

Old 01-17-2012, 04:38 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Just reinforces my belief in KARMA!!

Old 01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Climb14er
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I usually don't wish folks ill will or speak badly of the dead.

However, in Janklow's case, and I have followed this SOB's story for many years, I hope he rots in the burning final place!

Old 01-17-2012, 05:11 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

He was drunk and the black box in the Cadillac recorded a speed of 82 mph at the point of collision. He went through a stop sign. Should have died of a gun shot.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:04 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

This accident happened a few miles away from where I live, across the border into SD, at a country intersection just outside the very small town of Trent, SD. Janklow never took responsibility for his speeding, and received speeding tickets since the accident, and left the scene of a parking lot accident in Sioux Falls. We, the tax payers, paid the law suit judgement for his arrogance and negligence.

The real kicker is, he is a member of the Sturgis Hall of Fame.

Here is the Randy Scott Memorial, and the stop sign, at the scene of the accident.

Attached Thumbnails Bill janklow dead-randyscottmemorial_large.jpg   Bill janklow dead-randyscottstopsign_large.jpg  
Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
He was drunk and the black box in the Cadillac recorded a speed of 82 mph at the point of collision. He went through a stop sign. Should have died of a gun shot.
For the record, he was not drunk, but was returning from a political function, and claimed he had a diabetic seizure from not eating properly. All previous driving convictions/incidents were not allowed to be addressed at his trial. He was found guilty of manslaughter, and served jail time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Janklow

Old 01-17-2012, 08:12 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Remember a few years ago former South Dakota governor ran a stop sign (like he said he always did) and killed motorcyclist Randy Scott?
I just read in Sundays obituary column that he died from brain cancer. Finally another arrogant (thinks he's above the law) politician gone. Thumbs up. Hope this starts a trend.
Galatians 6:7
King James Version (KJV)
7Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Blackfly
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 7 Posts

First time I heard this. Did he go to jail or not ?