General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powersport Superstore - Texas (via Amazon)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:53 AM
rel3rd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Powersport Superstore - Texas (via Amazon)

Long story short(er)....

I order a $500+ Mikuni carberator kit online from Powersport Superstore via Amazon.
Their hours are Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. CST.
I made and paid for this order Saturday night at 7:45 p.m.
Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. I emailed them a "cancellation request" explaining that I had ordered the wrong carb kit and that I wanted to cancel the original order, but I wanted to buy another carb kit, even though it was $40 more. Cancellation "request" was my only option...
This morning (Monday) at 10:04 a.m. I get an email reply stating, "I am very sorry, unfortunately the order has already been shipped and cannot be cancelled.

Thank you,
Jason L.
Customer Service Manager"

So, in disbelief, I reply back:
"Not a great way to gain a new customer....Amazon says it should be "shipping shortly"....(just like it does now at 7 p.m.)

There's no way it was shipped first thing this morning, before you emailed me back.

So rather than have a repeat HAPPY customer, that wanted to spend MORE MONEY with you, you'd evidently prefer to have a new, UNHAPPY customer who will share his experience with every motorcycle forum he's on, and definitely with Amazon, and more than likely won't be back ever again?

Awesome..."

To which he replied back:
"I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I do not have another choice.

Thank you,

Jason L.
Customer Service Manager"

Now, returning this for another shouldn't be a big deal right?
BUT, they say all non-defective returns are subject to 20% restocking fee plus return shipping. I totally understand the shipping cost, but $100 to put it back on the shelf??? Not today...

Thanks a lot Jason L., Customer Service Manager at Powersport Superstore in Texas...

So there you have it. Satisfaction guaranteed???

Old 01-17-2012, 12:15 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where is this store located in Texas?

Old 01-17-2012, 12:35 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master

Did you ask him if you could return it to him in exchange towards the other?

Or is that what is posted on their return policy?

Old 01-17-2012, 12:42 PM
rel3rd
Advanced
Thumbs down

POWERSPORT SUPERSTORE, INC.
1101 Arrow Point Dr
Suite 201
Cedar Park, TX 78613

says they are near Austin?

and to UPDATE:

I finally got tracking info today. It was processed and shipped LAST NIGHT, not yesterday morning like the so-called customer service manager specifically told me...So not only are they unwilling to help their customers, they blatantly lie as well...

Old 01-17-2012, 12:47 PM
rel3rd
Advanced
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by wahlumsurfer
Did you ask him if you could return it to him in exchange towards the other?

Or is that what is posted on their return policy?
Since I had tried to cancel and re-order nearly 2 days BEFORE it was processed and shipped, you'd have to figure any reputable business would have simply done that, made the extra money, and had a new, and happy, customer...at this point I intend to simply add my experience with them to their Amazon feedback and move on...I am definitely NOT going to deal with them for any future deal, whether it be an exchange, refund, or whatever. That boat has already sailed....

Just wanted to warn fellow riders of what can and will happen if dealing with these people.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:06 PM
djbiker
Road Warrior

Take them off my future order lists, I will not order from them in the future!

Old 01-17-2012, 02:37 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Screw them,and up theirs; ill never order anything from them. But on a serious note, I think most things from companys like this are shipped direct from the manufacturer. A shipping label may have been generated on Sunday and awaiting pick up for shipment.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:44 PM
steveusaf
Advanced

Great. I just ordered $300 worth of stuff from them 2 days ago. At least their shipping is fast. Let's hope I don't need to return anything...

Old 01-17-2012, 02:48 PM
rel3rd
Advanced
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by JAKE 2544
Screw them,and up theirs; ill never order anything from them. But on a serious note, I think most things from companys like this are shipped direct from the manufacturer. A shipping label may have been generated on Sunday and awaiting pick up for shipment.
Well, I guess anything is possible, but the place I ordered it from is not even open until 10am on Mondays. According to tracking info, carb kit is coming from Illinois, which is where Mikuni has an office, so I assume it actually was drop shipped directly from them. That only proves my point of them (Powersports Superstore) having the ability, but choosing not to, provide actual customer service in a positive way to a new customer, who'll now be an EX customer...

I'd hope a "LABEL" could be UN-generated even more easily than an actual product.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:00 PM
rel3rd
Advanced
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by steveusaf
Great. I just ordered $300 worth of stuff from them 2 days ago. At least their shipping is fast. Let's hope I don't need to return anything...
Oh you can make a return brother...but it'll cost you 60 bucks plus shipping.

Quick Reply: Powersport Superstore - Texas (via Amazon)