General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powersport Superstore - Texas (via Amazon)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 03:09 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,271 Likes on 2,492 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragtop
Seems like too many middlemen involved. Buy from Amazon, for another company who drops ships item from another company...just too many people in this deal!
welcome to the new economy

Old 01-19-2012, 06:00 PM
rel3rd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Only issue I'm seeing is you , fuc the email dance that's what a phone is for . Take a man pill spend the time , talk firmly but civil and I'm sure the whole thing can be corrected . Quit whining on the internet and deal with it like an educated adult .
Thanks for the suggestions although I'm assuming reading comprehension might not be your strong point?

FWIW, I have decided to go ahead and keep the carb that I originally ordered and hopefully be done with this situation. Many have used the HSR42 to my bike's HP level and beyond so I should be OK as well. One more thing to "whine" about LOL, I didn't get 3 of the small parts listed in Mikuni's installation instruction booklet, and I tried emailing, and calling the actual vendor with no answer with either, so I did the only other alternative and filed a claim through Amazon, with whom the deal was transacted through.

Thanks for the support guys, and thanks for seeing this thread as what it was intended to be...a warning to fellow riders about a less than honest vendor. And thanks to you TwiZted Biker for the laugh...

Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 PM
HATETHESELOSERS
Stage I
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by rel3rd
Long story short(er)....

I order a $500+ Mikuni carberator kit online from Powersport Superstore via Amazon.
Their hours are Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. CST.
I made and paid for this order Saturday night at 7:45 p.m.
Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. I emailed them a "cancellation request" explaining that I had ordered the wrong carb kit and that I wanted to cancel the original order, but I wanted to buy another carb kit, even though it was $40 more. Cancellation "request" was my only option...
This morning (Monday) at 10:04 a.m. I get an email reply stating, "I am very sorry, unfortunately the order has already been shipped and cannot be cancelled.

Thank you,
Jason L.
Customer Service Manager"

So, in disbelief, I reply back:
"Not a great way to gain a new customer....Amazon says it should be "shipping shortly"....(just like it does now at 7 p.m.)

There's no way it was shipped first thing this morning, before you emailed me back.

So rather than have a repeat HAPPY customer, that wanted to spend MORE MONEY with you, you'd evidently prefer to have a new, UNHAPPY customer who will share his experience with every motorcycle forum he's on, and definitely with Amazon, and more than likely won't be back ever again?

Awesome..."

To which he replied back:
"I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I do not have another choice.

Thank you,

Jason L.
Customer Service Manager"

Now, returning this for another shouldn't be a big deal right?
BUT, they say all non-defective returns are subject to 20% restocking fee plus return shipping. I totally understand the shipping cost, but $100 to put it back on the shelf??? Not today...

Thanks a lot Jason L., Customer Service Manager at Powersport Superstore in Texas...

So there you have it. Satisfaction guaranteed???

POWERSPORT SUPERSTORE INC
BUYER BEWARE!!!! FRAUD, SCAM AND CROOKS!!!!
I WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY (BRIAN ORRICK) FOR A WEEK AND 4 DAYS, WHICH WAS A WEEK AND 3 DAYS TO LONG. THE OWNER DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS. IF YOU PLACE AN ORDER VIA AMAZON, THEY WILL MARK YOUR ORDER SHIPPED WITHIN 24 HOURS OF ORDERING ON AMAZON, SO THEY DON'T GET KICKED OFF AMAZON, HOWEVER THEY DON'T HAVE THE PRODUCTS AT ALL. THEY ORDER EVERY PRODUCT AS YOU ORDER IT, AND HAVE IT SHIPPED TO THEIR LOCATION (1101 ARROW POINT DR, CEDAR PARK, TX) TAKE IT OUT OF THE BOX AND REPACK IT AND SEND IT TO THE CUSTOMER.... ONE DAY. WHEN CUSTOMERS RETURN ITEMS THEY ARE MAILED IN, AND THEY SIT ON THE BACKROOM, AND THEY WON'T REFUND YOU UNTIL YOU CALL AND START COMPLAINING, OR SAY YOU ARE CALLING YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY.
ANYTIME YOU CALL ABOUT THE ORDERS YOU PLACE, WE WERE TOLD TO JUST TELL THE CUSTOMER, THE ORDER IS IN PROCESS. THEY DON'T CALL TO CHECK ON THE ACTUAL STATUS OF THE ORDER, AND WHEN YOU HANG UP THE PHONE, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS SAY ALL KIND OF THINGS ABOUT YOU.
THE BEST THING I CAN TELL YOU TO DO, IS CONTACT THE BBB ABOUT THEM, AND ANYONE YOU CAN TO HELP GET THEM CLOSED DOWN. AFTER THE REPORT I FILED WITH TODAY WITH THE TEXAS WORKFORCE COMMISSION, I DON'T KNOW THEY WILL BE AROUND LONG ANYWAY.
SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES, SINCE THEY WON'T CONNECT YOU WITH THE OWNER, BRIAN ORRICK, LET ME HELP YOU WITH A DIRECT CONTACT. HIS CELL PHONE IS (512) 573-0193 AND HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS BRIAN@POWERSPORTSUPERSTORE.COM OR HIS WIFE (MARIA) IS MARIA@POWERSPORTSUPERSTORE.COM THESE PEOPLE ARE A PIECE OF WORK...
BEWARE... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Austin Dave
Road Master

Good info. I'm afraid there are a bunch of these 'companies' using the internet to masquerade as legitimate stores/businesses. I had an 'experience' with a drop-ship type once. Shipping was to be 3 weeks for a tv set. Did not make sense to me, so I then called to ask why so long and was told about them being a d-s service. Cancelled order immediately and notified CC company.
I believe there is another d-s in Austin that may or may not be a legimate business selling MC parts. Refuses to offer phone number, and expects to only communicate with a customer via email. Found them on ebay, but not in the local phone book. Emailed asking for the phone number but received some nonsense about them being too busy....blahblah/etc. No local phone #, no business from me.
Both Amazon and eBay are very good about solving customer problems/complaints. One thing about both though is the practice of showing something has been shipped when it has not been. That is a bad-business practice at the least and a false statement of fact.
Anyway be careful/skeptical on the internet when doing business.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Salchicha
Advanced

First thing I (and many others) do before ordering online is check out the business at http://www.ripoffreport.com . I didn't see a report on POWERSPORT SUPERSTORE located at 1101 Arrow Point Dr Suite 201 Cedar Park, TX 78613

Old 04-06-2012, 02:30 PM
TheSinistral
Tourer

I got the same bullshit "restocking fee" **** from leatherup.com back in the day even though I could prove that the item had not been shipped yet. Bastards will be on my **** list for the duration....

"Caveat Emptor".

Old 04-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Salchicha
First thing I (and many others) do before ordering online is check out the business at http://www.ripoffreport.com . I didn't see a report on POWERSPORT SUPERSTORE located at 1101 Arrow Point Dr Suite 201 Cedar Park, TX 78613
I didn't know about this site. Thanks for the link. I will put it tp use.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:16 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin Dave
Good info. I'm afraid there are a bunch of these 'companies' using the internet to masquerade as legitimate stores/businesses. I had an 'experience' with a drop-ship type once. Shipping was to be 3 weeks for a tv set. Did not make sense to me, so I then called to ask why so long and was told about them being a d-s service. Cancelled order immediately and notified CC company.
I believe there is another d-s in Austin that may or may not be a legimate business selling MC parts. Refuses to offer phone number, and expects to only communicate with a customer via email. Found them on ebay, but not in the local phone book. Emailed asking for the phone number but received some nonsense about them being too busy....blahblah/etc. No local phone #, no business from me.
Both Amazon and eBay are very good about solving customer problems/complaints. One thing about both though is the practice of showing something has been shipped when it has not been. That is a bad-business practice at the least and a false statement of fact.
Anyway be careful/skeptical on the internet when doing business.
Dave ... can you post a link to that other site? Will avoid it like the plague !

Old 04-06-2012, 06:50 PM
2001NightTrain
Cruiser

I just ordered some hwy pegs from them last week. Received my pegs three days later...earlier than promised. Not bad tx to va within three days of ordering and by far the best price and free shipping.

I get your frustration with not being able to stop the order. This has happened to me with a different company.

I'm always extra careful when ordering online to be sure what I'm buying is what I want. I was looking for sundowner seats last night and see people selling '11 stock road king seats as sundowners. Although I think they are close, I don't think they are actually sundowners. My point, I guess, is caveat emptor.

Best of luck with your carb.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:14 PM
dbc58
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These people are incompetent beyond belief. Even when it’s in their own best interest to do the right thing, they just won’t. I ordered a small lock ($18) from them via Amazon. They sent me a large lock ($58). I immediately called them to tell them about the mistake. No thank you, no apology. They now refuse to fix the problem with out me waiting at least 2-3 weeks for the lock I ordered and jumping through a bunch of hoops for them. I'm up $40 - so, no problem for me.

Quick Reply: Powersport Superstore - Texas (via Amazon)