General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Little Sturgis
36.67%
Indiana Boogie
63.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Little Sturgis or Indiana Boogie

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 12:37 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Little Sturgis or Indiana Boogie

I understand what you are saying. The first year I went I wasn't too sure about taking my top off (if you can believe that). I actually found most were very understanding. Even had a few take my pic with my top on. Like I said I've only been the last 3 years but I feel pretty safe there and have never had any problems. You might give it another try sometime.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I've been to LS 7 or 8 times. Gets a little boring frankly. Even get to the point of not looking at the girls that have their tops off. Does that mean I'm getting old?
Michelle won't take her top off, says no one wants to see her little saggy B cups anyway. And frankly, I'm glad, I really don't want to share her anyway!
Never been to the Boogie. Can you tell me where it is? Never even heard of it.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:02 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Boogie is the third weekend in July every year. It is in Springville, IN which is between Bloomington and Bedford. It is on private property owned by Abate of Indiana. Private property means.....ANYTHING GOES!!!!! Police are posted outside the fence but not on the grounds. In 3 years I've never seen them called in. Walked right up to the fence nekkid last year and took the kind officers some water

Here is some info.... http://www.abateofindiana.org/ABATE.aspx?PID=172

Old 12-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior

Thanks, Heather. Don't know if she'd want to do that or not. She really has her heart set on Padre Island. Only problem is that it's hotter than he** in summer, and iffy in spring or fall. Da**it! Wish the kids were grown! Could go whenever we wanted!

Old 12-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

these two events are once again being held on the same dates. Soooo , which one do ya'll plan on attending ??
NEITHER.

The best party that weekend is across the river from Little Sturgis at Old Shawneetown, IL. It's put on by the same guy that does the legendary Hogrock rally every June. (www.hogrock.com) Free camping in the city park and a $5 wristband gets you into the party all weekend.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior

You know, I've seen that as I was out touring during the day. Is it really a good time? What is there to do? How many are there?

Old 12-12-2006, 01:46 AM
MyRide7
Tourer

Little Sturgis.........Road trip from Grand Rivers Ky to Dover Tn. and From Dover Tn. to Counce Tn. Are rated as two of the 25 best rides for this area (Rand McNally). The first route takes you through the Land Between the Lakes (Lake Barkley and Ky lake). Many Many items of interest plan on atleast 2 hours with stops, about 50 miles on this first leg. The second leg of the trip is also rated as one of the top 25 rides, plan on 4-8 hours with stops about 150 miles on this second leg.

Next Trip to take is the Shawnee National Forest Route. Many routes to take IL 146, 147,37,127,etc. Cross the river at Cairo head toward Sikeston Mo. on Hwy 62and run up through the Boot Hills of Missouri if you have the time.........

Pick up one of the Black Ride Atlas at the Harley shops and these 25 rides are listed with points of interest etc. etc. Also the general maps have "scenic" routes listed. I have found that they are correct, at least the ones around the country I have been on.

I am staying in Henderson Ky. but may change this to be closer to the planned rides for this year.

MyRide7

Old 12-12-2006, 07:45 AM
tchop
Advanced

ORIGINAL: BG Weasel

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

these two events are once again being held on the same dates. Soooo , which one do ya'll plan on attending ??
NEITHER.

The best party that weekend is across the river from Little Sturgis at Old Shawneetown, IL. It's put on by the same guy that does the legendary Hogrock rally every June. (www.hogrock.com) Free camping in the city park and a $5 wristband gets you into the party all weekend.
Have been to all three and I agree with BG Weasel at least for me,Hog Daddy's is the place to be.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
LRonHoover
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember the Bean Blossom in the late 80's and went several times. One helluva party.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:46 PM
cwilks
Banned

I've been to Little Sturgis, I'm going where Heather's going in 2007

Quick Reply: Little Sturgis or Indiana Boogie