Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boots

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 10:43 AM
dry_IRON_fig
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boots

hey all,

got my first bike ever on the freighter from the US to the dusty UAE, black denim iron 883 arriving in late jan early feb

got the helmet and jacket sorted out, now looking for some good boots. i am looking for something safe, not ugly, and my biggest concern is comfort, i have flat foot and i rarely do find anything that is comfortable, after a couple of hours my feet and legs start to sore real bad...dunno if any of you guys can direct me the right way...i do like the like the looks of the steel toe caterpillars, but i am not sure if they are safe and comfortable enough...

Old 01-11-2012, 11:08 AM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on the new bike!

In my experience with mail order boots I have not had good luck.
I think boots (and helmets) are something best tried on in a store for best fit.
Your experience may be different.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 AM
jward
Tourer

HD FXRG boots....I've had a lot of different boots and brands....these are by far the most comfortable and they have saved my ankle...

Old 01-11-2012, 11:30 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Red Wing boots get my vote. Have had a few pair of HD boots that were fine, but the Red Wings blow the HD ones out of the water. I never buy boots through the mail though. I have a tough time finding boots that fit right, so I like to try them on before handing over the credit card. JMHO

Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Vikingur
Tourer

Are you looking for boots, or "real biker" boots?

I wear Red Wing 875s. Break in in about 5 minutes, last forever, and you can wear them to work. They're not the official color of worldwide bikers, though. Never had any Genuine H-D boots. Now maybe this can get shifted over to the "real biker" thread.

If it's real cold or raining, I've got my Belleville 790s. Gore-tex.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Denver Dave
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Love my Doc Martens and Chippewas.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:56 AM
HD-MC
Tourer

I have the HD Jarrett boots #D95330 made by wolverine a division of hush puppies and they are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. I'm like you I have hard time finding something that fit me well but those one wow if you can find a dealer that has them it’s worth goind down to try them.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
mattkenzie
Road Master

Originally Posted by HarleyRanger
Congratulations on the new bike!

In my experience with mail order boots I have not had good luck.
I think boots (and helmets) are something best tried on in a store for best fit.
Your experience may be different.
I agree, you just need to go start trying stuff out. I am sure that you are limited where you are but you will be kicking yourself if you get something shipped out there and have to return it.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:05 PM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I lean towards Doc Martens. I have had several pairs over the years and usually get at least 5 years out of daily wear ones. I have pairs that are over 10. Very comfy especially if you have feet problems. I do. I bought Harley brand for riding and I'm not crazy about them. Not very comfortable when you have to walk around and the toes are getting torn up already. Not the best quality leather. I'm going back to the Doc Martens. The only reason I got the Harley boots was because I didn't want laces. I searched online and found slip on Docs.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:11 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

There are many fine choices available, but it is always best to try before you buy since everyone's feet are different and comfort levels vary.

My personal choices include USA Carolina and Chippewa Logger boots, USA Red Wing 2254 and Dr. Martens 2295. Currently, my favorite of the bunch are the Redwing 2254 pictured below.

Quick Reply: boots