General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another question about Leatherup.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012 | 10:55 PM
Skid Lid
|
Road Master
Default Another question about Leatherup.com

Good? No Good? Anyone using this jacket?

http://leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcyc...71DF3A8B989485

Old 01-07-2012 | 11:14 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a brown one very similar to the one you posted the web address for. I like it very well, it is a good thickness and keeps me warm. The vents allow enough air to keep me cool in warmer weather. I've had it a year and a half now and it's just starting to break in nicely.

Besides you can't beat the price, a lot of independent leather places are buying their stuff and reselling them at twice the price and saying they are giving you a big discount compared to the competition.

Old 01-07-2012 | 11:42 PM
mglax13
Road Master

I don't have that Jacket from them, but to answer your question about LeatherUp.com, I've used them with great sucess. Alot of their items have ALOT of reviews on them giving you a great idea on the size, and honestly, some of the stuff isn't bad, expecially for the price. I bought a rain suit from there, a leather jacket, leather vest, and winter riding gloves, all with great sucess. Shipping is pretty darn quick too. I'll be going back for some chaps once I get over the thoughts of my friends busting my chops over my chaps.

Old 01-08-2012 | 12:22 AM
lov_My_Harley
Intermediate

I pucharsed the below jacket from them about four years a go. Its pefect. real heavy. When I ordered it I read a lot of the reviews and many of them said to order one size bigger. I didn't, the jacket fights just right but don't leave much room for wearing additional coats underneath. So my suggestion is to order one size too big. If it is too big you can send it back and exchange it for free and all your be out is the shipping costs.

Good luck Bro.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...ket/46090.html

Last edited by lov_My_Harley; 01-08-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-08-2012 | 12:45 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

A few years ago I ordered the exact jacket you linked to skid lid and it is very thick and heavy, seems to be pretty good quality. The bad thing is the size was all out of wack. I tried ordering a 2XL because that is what I wore at the time. It was too small around the gut so I sent it back to get a 3XL. It was still a little small around the gut but now the sleeves were way too long also. You only get 1 free return so now it has been sitting in my closet for 3 1/2 years. I need to trash it.

If you can get it to fit you then I think you would be happy for the price.

Old 01-08-2012 | 03:01 AM
mattkenzie
Road Master

I purchased a jacket from them a few years back. I was surprised at the weigh and quality. I would definitely purchase from them again in the future.

Old 01-08-2012 | 03:48 AM
Valhowla
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
A few years ago I ordered the exact jacket you linked to skid lid and it is very thick and heavy, seems to be pretty good quality. The bad thing is the size was all out of wack. I tried ordering a 2XL because that is what I wore at the time. It was too small around the gut so I sent it back to get a 3XL. It was still a little small around the gut but now the sleeves were way too long also. You only get 1 free return so now it has been sitting in my closet for 3 1/2 years. I need to trash it.

If you can get it to fit you then I think you would be happy for the price.
Judging by the picture, you weren't the only one who had a problem with the sleeves being too long. It doesn't say if there's armor or not, but it looks like there's some sort of padding at the elbows; I'd be worried about the armor/padding covering your forearm more than your elbow.

Old 01-08-2012 | 06:15 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

It's thick padding is all.

Old 01-08-2012 | 07:23 AM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior

Another place to look is jafrum.com i bought some stuff from them also

Old 01-08-2012 | 08:25 AM
Skid Lid
|
Road Master

Great to know on the long sleeves im a tall guy so thats a big plus for me, once they get a 2xl back in stock ill pick one up.

Quick Reply: Another question about Leatherup.com