General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another question about Leatherup.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012 | 07:05 PM
cam-921
Cruiser

I have a jacket and vest from them. I think the quality is great for the price. Shipping was also good. I never had to return but i read a lot of online reviews that said they really suck in the returns and exchange department.

Old 02-09-2012 | 07:36 PM
zjones
Cruiser

I have this jacket in XL and it's for sale $100 plus shipping. Its a nice jacket and a great value with the armor and liner. I just have too many jackets and need to clean a few out....
I would buy again from Leatherup....

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...mor/53282.html

Old 02-10-2012 | 07:36 PM
JHL-ShinySideUp
Road Master

I had my Leatherup jacket very similar to the one you linked to when I went down (at less than 10 mph). The padding in the shoulder kept me from getting even a bruise when I landed on it. There was a tiny scuff where I hit the pavement.

I'm shopping for a replacement, since the insurance company gave me more than I paid for it.

Don't believe the "reviews." Leatherup is one of the companies that apparently pays people pennies per review to right about their stuff. If you can stand it, read every review for three jackets - you'll start to see the patterns.

Old 02-11-2012 | 12:58 AM
nitrohound
Tourer

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
A few years ago I ordered the exact jacket you linked to skid lid and it is very thick and heavy, seems to be pretty good quality. The bad thing is the size was all out of wack. I tried ordering a 2XL because that is what I wore at the time. It was too small around the gut so I sent it back to get a 3XL. It was still a little small around the gut but now the sleeves were way too long also. You only get 1 free return so now it has been sitting in my closet for 3 1/2 years. I need to trash it.

If you can get it to fit you then I think you would be happy for the price.
it might fit me. Hound

Old 02-11-2012 | 09:38 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

I went with the top of the line jacket from LeatherUp, the Xelement Naked American Leather Cruiser Motorcycle Jacket which looks similar to what you asked about, but is heavier, better quality leather. I LOVE it. You can read about it here: http://www.leatherup.com/p/Naked-Mot...ket/93296.html I am a 44 long in a sportcoat/suit and a 16 1/2 35 in a shirt and I ordered an XL and it fits me perfectly. I have long arms and the sleeves are perfect.

Someone suggested Fox Creek. This jacket is a copy of a Fox Creek jacket. See attached photos.

In addition to this jacket, I have bought boots and chaps for me and a jacket and chaps for my wife as well as other smaller items from LeatherUp. Everything has been exactly as advertised, is high quality and was delivered very quickly. I agree with the earlier poster about reading all of the reviews/comments for advice on sizing.

Attached Thumbnails Another question about Leatherup.com-fox-creek-jacket-front.jpg   Another question about Leatherup.com-fox-creek-jacket-back.jpg   Another question about Leatherup.com-leatherup-jacket-front.jpg   Another question about Leatherup.com-leatherup-jacket-back.jpg  
Old 02-11-2012 | 11:52 AM
JonV
Tourer

Here is an Alternative Company, Very High Quality and Pricey but they will literally last a lifetime:

http://www.schottnyc.com/products/lifestyle/motorcycle