General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another question about Leatherup.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012 | 12:41 AM
mglax13
Road Master

I juts got this jacket from the girlfriend for christmas:

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...et/194729.html

It's discontinued, so all they have is 2XL, but if that's your size, I can't recomend enough to buy it. I can't believe how much jacket I got for the price. Plus if you're a little girthy in the gut, and you had the same problem I had with other jackets (top was ok but bottom was small, or bottom was ok and top was too big), then this jacket is the way to go with the strech panels.

I wear a 2XL. I'm 5'10, 245 lbs, not a big gut, but it protrudes when I sit down. Hope that helps.

Last edited by mglax13; 01-09-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Corrected inaccurate statement
Old 01-09-2012 | 08:12 AM
kzoo
Road Master

I have that exact jacket from Leatherup. Is it the best out there, no way, but it is definitely adequate for my riding. It is also pretty warm with the lining in, 40 minute commute at 34 degrees, with only my sweater under. Summer, it gets hot, but does have the vents to allow some air flow.

I did see the comments about sleeve length, but I am short and they work perfectly when in riding position.

Old 01-09-2012 | 08:22 AM
Dailydriver06
Tourer

I've had good luck with them...Bought a Ultra low profile Outlaw lid... Excellent by the way...Some gloves and goggles. My advice would be to look at the reviews...Especially for sizing!! A lot of their items run small.

Old 01-09-2012 | 08:29 AM
knewt5
Road Master

Purchased my jacket from them and love it! They always offer a 10% discount and sometimes there is a deal for shipping or a bigger discount.

I bought this jacket and used the FXRG as a size reference and it worked out perfectly

Old 01-09-2012 | 09:38 AM
tOSUSteve
Road Master

My only complaint about Leatherup was they shipped my items requiring a signature for delivery. Really wish they would tell you this when checking out so you have a chance to have it delivered somewhere else.

Old 01-09-2012 | 10:15 AM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

I bought a leather jacket from them about 3 months ago. Incredible jacket very thick top quality leather.

The often overlooked part about a leather of other "safety" wear gear is to ensure the stitching is strong and well done. Crappy stitching will cause the jacket to come apart on you as you roll, slide, hop, bump across the pavement.

As far as I can see it is as good as any jacket I have owned in the past.

Old 01-11-2012 | 08:26 AM
TheBig-O
Tourer

In case you don't know "Top Grade " leather is not the top . Quality of leather and construction are the reasons for the large price difference in bike jackets . Not saying you can't get a good jacket made from Top Grain just saying be careful and ask a lot of questions . Buy a good textile if you can't swing a good leather . I know you have heard it a million times but ........you get what you pay for . Of course it's your skin and business.
Top Grain or Corrected Grain
Top grain leather has been sanded to remove scars and imperfections, then sprayed for a uniform look. Top grain is not the same quality as full grain or naked leather, but thicknesses of 1.2-3mm make this type of leather a very strong and durable riding material.

Full-Grain or Naked Leather
Full-Grain leather is made from the handpicked finest hides and only a transparent dye is added. The natural Full-Grain surface will wear better than other leather. Rather than wearing out, it will develop a natural "Patina" and grow more beautiful over time. This type of leather is the ultimate riding grade and the most expensive

Old 01-11-2012 | 10:22 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain

I would just save my money and go get a Fox Creek Jacket. It would be the last jacket you would ever buy. I'm sure the leather up jacket is also nice.

Old 02-09-2012 | 06:07 PM
FatBoyVeteran
Road Captain

I ordered a set of Chaps and a pair of boots earlier today from Leatherup.

I already got an email saying they have been shipped.

Well review them when they get here.

Old 02-09-2012 | 06:22 PM
DEGRider
Outstanding HDF Member

I have had good results with Leather up and plan on useing them in the future.

Quick Reply: Another question about Leatherup.com