General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

that felt awesome...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 05:15 PM
kylebru1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default that felt awesome...

Living in indiana (and because of my schedule) I dont get that many days to ride when it starts to get cold. But tonight after work I got a little bit of "two wheel therapy". I've needed it for sure!

One thing I will say is around here 4 wheelers absolutely forget about motorcycles when it starts to get cold.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Slickster63
Tourer

I got to get out today too! 66 degrees in Denver! Snow coming this weekend, but today was awesome. Going to try and keep the record going of getting out at least once a month. February can be a bitch around here

Old 01-05-2012, 05:33 PM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

know the feeling.. 200 plus miles new years day.. rode to OC NJ to watch the crazies do the polar bear swim... got to ride and see bikinis on the beach.. life is good

Cheers
mav

Old 01-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Steel_City
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kylebru1
One thing I will say is around here 4 wheelers absolutely forget about motorcycles when it starts to get cold.
Originally Posted by Slickster63
I got to get out today too! 66 degrees in Denver! Snow coming this weekend, but today was awesome. Going to try and keep the record going of getting out at least once a month. February can be a bitch around here
It was amazing outside outside today! I wish I was on my bike. I was cruising around in my Jeep which was still fun. I saw three guys almost get ran off the road. People forget about us in the winter, not cool.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:10 PM
kylebru1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Slickster63

oh yea man feb can be nasty, last year in indiana we had a nasty ice storm and it was horrible for about a week, my buddy ran ply wood all the way from his garage to the road where it was mostly clean and road around the block so he could get his one ride in every month haha

Old 01-05-2012, 07:25 PM
DEGRider
Outstanding HDF Member

55 in IL today, I got out and put some miles on and got my therapy too. I got some strange looks and some must be nice looks while I was out. It felt good to ride on Jan. 5th in IL.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 PM
edgeofinsanity
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Got up into the 50's here too in IA, I've been getting out a couple of times a week, but when I'm off work it's 5pm it starts to get cold pretty quick when the sun goes down. I did see another bike today, haven't seen anyone else out in the last couple of weeks.

I have a feeling February is going to be rough... we had a blizzard last year, it's only a matter of time... once they put that spray or salt down, I'm done until we get a couple of good rains in the Spring.