General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i think i finally got scammed, info so you don't

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default i think i finally got scammed, info so you don't

guess i've been lucky as i've done many many many deals online and never got mislead or stolen from. now i have, i think. good news is that it was only $45, but it's still $45 of my hard earned money and this guy is no better than any other thief. i do admit it's my own fault for rushing into a deal without properly checking on the seller. i was in a rush before xmas. i usually only buy from perfect ebay sellers or forum members. occasionally craigslist.

i was looking for a good deal on new OEM stock bars for a 2011 deluxe. none on ebay (except new) and none on here. i searched the part number and found an ebay classified in lawrence kansas for a pair. sent an email with an offer, he countered right away on email, i responded with send a paypal invoice, he did right away and i paid right away. this was on 12/22 and he emailed he would ship them before the end of the day. this all happened within an hour. real fast and real easy.

after christmas i thought i would just reach out and send an email asking if he got them shipped, what carrier and a tracking number. nothing. a few days later i sent another message. fast forward and as of tonight i have sent several emails to the multiple email addresses that he has on the web, a text, a voicemail and a response to his original posting on the ebay classified all with no response at all.

after digging more, which i admittedly should have done in the first place, i find that he is no longer an ebay member and had sold 160 items. most were positive, but at least 10-15 were very negative with complaints of never sending or taking several weeks to ship the item. one person said he was verbally abusive and mentally unstable. he sells many harley items on the web in various free classifieds. he also sells many other things on other motorcycle forums, music forums, CNC machining forums and HVAC sites. some items are several thousands of dollars and stated as brand new.

i have opened up a dispute with paypal and sent a note to ebay classified under spam, scam or fraud. below is his information and various usernames that he has signed in under. i am giving you this information in case you run into a possible purchase with him in hopes it helps you make a better decision than i did. i have never taken advantage of anyone i have sold things to on ebay or here and consider myself to be a very fair person. i am disappointed on so many levels. if consensus here shows that i am being over reactive or inappropriate to post this, i will delete the post - but my intent is merely to share my experience and hope others avoid this thief.

happy new year - tin

Here's the robbers info:

Thomas Cole
Tom Cole
3900 Kimos Circle
Lawrence, KS 66049

785-218-6206

ebaykansaskid@gmail.com
fzappaus@gmail.com

zappacat

jayhawksales

Old 01-04-2012, 06:39 PM
eddie eggs
Cruiser

Thanks for the heads up. Good luck.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:41 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I hope you get this resolved. What a dick Tom is.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:45 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you will get your money back from paypal. it happened to me and 13 other people xmas eve last year. dude sold us all the same phone and no one got them. paypal is really good about that kind of stuff. good luck

Old 01-04-2012, 06:56 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

Sad you got burned, as stated pay pal is really good about getting your $ back. 99.9% of the people are honest, once in a while we get burned. He will burn the wrong person at some point, then it will be TS for him.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:30 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Man.Sorry you got burned....I'm going to send A.Capone over in the morn to see what size cement shoes the guy wears.....

Old 01-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that's his real address, Tom has a nice house. Gotta love Google maps.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:55 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael HD Rider
Yeah it is a nice house but I see it just SOLD. Maybe he had to move to get away from his troubles.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:00 PM
duty2
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

The I.R.S. might be interested in seeing how much money he is making and if he is paying his taxes.. Just a thought.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Michael HD Rider
good point. have no idea if his address is authentic. its the one he gave paypal which is where shipments would be sent - theoretically.

you guys are awesome!

Quick Reply: i think i finally got scammed, info so you don't