General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of Posers..

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Hey Zeus
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you think of Posers..

Listen everyone....I guess I can see both sides. When it all comes down to it, why nitpick folks for wearing what they wear. Some of those folks may really want one but can't afford one, some may really have one, some may be keeping up with the guy next to them, and some may be just plain tools! When it all comes down to it, why shoudl we care? I have my own (2) and I am happy just to know that I have them. Sometimes I wear a Harley shirt, sometimes I don't.
I have to admit, I have seem many die-hard true Harley people wear nothing but Harley gear from head to toe...literally. They sure have one and ride it damn near everywhere, but if you ask me, that's kind of excessive to wear that much Harley garb.....I mean, if you have a Corvette and are a die-hard Corvette person, do you wear corvette underpants, hat, shirt, pants, boots, etc. all at once like some Harley riders do? Of course not. The same with sports teams....whether you are a die-hard fan or not, if you have the whole outfit from the tip of your head to your shoes.....that's a bit......odd to me.
The excessiveness can go either way, whether you are a true Harley owner/rider or just some guy/girl who just wears the stuff, like anything else in life, just let others do as they will. If it doesn't really effect you directly, who the hell cares.....just give a smirk while subtly shaking your head and walk away.
Be glad and feel privaleged to have your ride.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:53 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only Harley stuff I ever had or used before I owned my HD was HarleyDavidson cigarettes. Loved those smokes, going down the road on my little old Honda Magna.
Now I ride my Harley and smoke different cigarettes.............. Must be a poser now and then. LOL

I really don't care what anybody else wears or does, as long as they don't give me **** about what I wear, ride, smoke, eat, or what color my **** comes out.

Where did I put that FREE T-shirt the dealer gave to me anyway??? Would of rather had a FREE hat, after spending all that money!! LOL

H3ll, Some "Harley" people will try to tell you what doodads you should or shouldn't be putting on your own motorcycle.

Somedays I am tempted to put Honda decals on my tank, just to **** those buttheads off.........LOL

Old 12-09-2006, 11:54 PM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm with ya on the Vette stuff....LOL I always thought it funny to see someone just wearing a Corvette jacket, let alone anything else. It's like they're trying really hard to make sure that you know they have a Corvette...very amusing. I guess that's the whole point the poster of this thread was getting at, huh?

Old 12-09-2006, 11:58 PM
camarotuner
Cruiser

I would like to offer a test to determine if wearing clothes of a certain type can be perceived as a negative by the persons you are copying.

Someone replicate a Hells Angels set of colors, wear them at a motorcycle rally that Hells Angels are attending and see how they react.

Now, this is an extreme example, but it's no less apt. It's why some people DO take offense to it. They see Harleys as the sum total of life and that people not in the lifestyle have no business wearing the clothes/products from that lifestyle. Honestly it's alot like how I view people with tattoos. Lots of people have tattoos, but I am a tattooed person. There is a major difference between those two things. Some people from my side of the coin don't like the people who just have tattoos. Same concept at work here.

Personally, who gives a ****. I do get a major kick out of it sometimes. My favorite thing is people putting stickers on their cars for parts and/or technology that they don't have on the car or was never available. That's just damned funny to me.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:02 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We were out riding the other day and were in the middle of nowhere. We stopped at a gas station for a coke and some crappy gas station pizza when a family pulls up in their SUV. The guy runs in and the wife is checking out the bikes. Well we start talking and she tell us he husband has a collection of Harley T-shirts from all over but no Harley yet. It is his dream to own one but they haven't been able to swing it just yet. He comes out and is admiring the bikes. They get their little boy out of the vehicle (he is more excited than anyone) and Sean lets the little guy sit on the yellow bike he liked so much. You see....he probably owns more t-shirts than we do. It is his DREAM to own what we have. Take it as a compliment. I wore Harely clothing long before I owned my bike.....couldn't afford the bike but I had $30 for a t-shirt.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:06 AM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member

Right-on Heather....a pretty voice of reason.
Everyone wear what you want, but no thongs on the bike Sean.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:14 AM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know , if I met Sean and he was wearing a thong....I might hit it [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 12-10-2006, 12:17 AM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member

LMFAO!!

Old 12-10-2006, 12:18 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

I don't know , if I met Sean and he was wearing a thong....I might hit it [sm=happybounce.gif]

That's a bit distrubing!

Old 12-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Johnny Law
Cruiser

Who gives a chit. I sure dont. Although I do enjoy my Harley stock going up. I say keep buying HD motorclothes, parts and motorcycles. Advertise, advertise, advertise. I ride everyday, wear whatever the heck I want to and dont mind someone wearing HD clothing and not owning an HD. To each his own, seems like a big waste of time getting peaved. You know I have a HD Bangkok Tee. Got it from a street vendor in Thailand. No HD dealer there, cool conversation piece though. Have a HD Singapore hat. They do have a dealer there, I dont believe they are an offical dealer though. Folks in America and all over the world love HD's and a Tee may be the closest they come to owning a piece of an American legend. Dang maybe Im a poser and dont even know it. Sounds like a new thread. Anyway enjoy life and dont sweat the small details that dont even matter.
JL

Quick Reply: What do you think of Posers..