General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of Posers..

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: What do you think of Posers..

What is the big deal? You pays your money and you make your choice. My wife wants to get a Victory leather jacket because she thinks it has more style that the Harley jackets, so what? I don't think the Victory riders are gonna protest. 'Course I could be wrong.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:28 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mwike

ORIGINAL: 04harleyboy

Ya know what bothers me, is when a metric (V-twin look alike) rider is wear HD clothes...WTF! [:@] I have seen this more then once, I just don't get it.
Before I sold my Harley leather jacket & sold my Ducati, I'd wear the leather jacket on the Ducati when cold. Why's it a crime to wear the HD jacket on another bike?

What about a #3 or #8 sticker on a Ford? Is that a crime also?
I guess you didn't read what I wrote, it says metric (V-twin look alike).
Thats what I don't understand, and it does bother me a little. If you want the Harley lifestyle...why did you buy a look alike????? I don't have a problem with any bikes - except those that try to imitate my beloved Harley. [sm=rant.gif]

Old 12-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Beagle1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the MoCo makes more off marketing than the bikes, the amount of people wearing the clothes will only grow.

And you don't have ONLY BUY AT THE DEALER any longer. The local auto parts chain by me has a whole butt load of HD stuff. From stickers all the way up bike parking mats. And yes T-SHIRTS!!! They have a whole area dedicated to HD stuff now.

So you no longer have to make it a point to go into the stealer to buy one, only if you want their name on it. There is also an HD store in Mackinac City, MI that is inside this little yuppie complex of coffee houses and fudge shops. Now this is a SERIOUS Tourist only town, where visitors are called "Fudgies" since that was the original export. Now this store doesn't sell any bikes, just clothes and trinkets, their dealership is 65 miles south in another city. But man alive do they do well with their shirt sales in the summer!

Personally, I don't give a hoot. I find it amusing actually. Especially when I have the little one at karate and we go on the bike. There is usually one or two parents with HD clothes on (very popular attire in my zip code LOL), everyone comes in and asks the people with the shirts, "Is that your bike out there?" After about the 5th one my 6 year old finally says., "NO! That is OUR Harley-Dabidson, my Daddy brought me on it". (yeah, the v is still a B for her some times when she's excited).

Old 12-09-2006, 08:36 PM
so165
Tourer

I dont think there is anything wrong with wearing something that reflects what you support or believe in opr just plain think is cool. There are alot of things like that, sports, military , police (NYPD), motorcycles etc.etc.
However, it gets crazy when someone has on chaps and a leather jacket as they pull up to work in thier CAR!!!! I worked with a guy who did just that. He was a laugh a minute.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:39 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: so165

I dont think there is anything wrong with wearing something that reflects what you support or believe in opr just plain think is cool. There are alot of things like that, sports, military , police (NYPD), motorcycles etc.etc.
However, it gets crazy when someone has on chaps and a leather jacket as they pull up to work in thier CAR!!!! I worked with a guy who did just that. He was a laugh a minute.
Now thats funny...where do you work? [sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 12-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Beagle1
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: 04harleyboy

ORIGINAL: so165

Now thats funny...where do you work? [sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Myabe that guy went to the Blue Oyster Bar after work every day?

Old 12-09-2006, 08:44 PM
lunchboxjunkie
Road Captain

How's about there showing a little bit of American pride in wearing the clothing. Before I rode a Harley I wore the cothes because I believed in the company and the workers and still do. Besides that if some one would call me a poser I would be stomping the Harley symbol on there forehead from the bottom of my boot.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:45 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Beagle1

Since the MoCo makes more off marketing than the bikes, the amount of people wearing the clothes will only grow.

And you don't have ONLY BUY AT THE DEALER any longer. The local auto parts chain by me has a whole butt load of HD stuff. From stickers all the way up bike parking mats. And yes T-SHIRTS!!! They have a whole area dedicated to HD stuff now.

So you no longer have to make it a point to go into the stealer to buy one, only if you want their name on it. There is also an HD store in Mackinac City, MI that is inside this little yuppie complex of coffee houses and fudge shops. Now this is a SERIOUS Tourist only town, where visitors are called "Fudgies" since that was the original export. Now this store doesn't sell any bikes, just clothes and trinkets, their dealership is 65 miles south in another city. But man alive do they do well with their shirt sales in the summer!

Personally, I don't give a hoot. I find it amusing actually. Especially when I have the little one at karate and we go on the bike. There is usually one or two parents with HD clothes on (very popular attire in my zip code LOL), everyone comes in and asks the people with the shirts, "Is that your bike out there?" After about the 5th one my 6 year old finally says., "NO! That is OUR Harley-Dabidson, my Daddy brought me on it". (yeah, the v is still a B for her some times when she's excited).

Old 12-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Beagle1
Road Captain

This is what I said:

So you no longer have to make it a point to go into the stealer to buy one, only if you want their name on it
Gheez, I didn't quote you or use your name...don't take things so personal. I didn't even pay attention to your post, but I just went back and read it. I was making a general post that people can buy stuff with the HD logo anywhere they want. And even in a store that doesn't sell bikes like I pointed out in Mackinac City, Michigan. It even has all the BS on the back like a dealer shirt. But you can't buy oil there even. I put it in caps to get the point across to some that may live in the sticks and not be aware that this stuff is sold anywhere now, not to take a dig at you.

I am not sure what your issue is with me, but if there is a way to ignore my posts, Please do, and I will do the same. I don't come here looking for trouble.

Just here to kill time since it is 19ยบ F outside right now. [sm=sigh.gif]

edit: never mind, I figured out the block feature [sm=deal.gif]

Old 12-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Milt
Banned

It seems like it ,the clothing,represents a whole kinda lifestyle. I'm lucky I just always wore combat boots and leather.But,I guess really I don't have anything that says Harley cept the t-shirt they gave me with the bike.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21121/AD3F14711EE6431CB6256C58DE5645F2.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: What do you think of Posers..