General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of Posers..

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts
Default RE: What do you think of Posers..

Some justcan't forgive Harley for its introduction of yuppie posers.Ireally don't care.I domiss theold-school dealers, however. Some of y'all might remember them. When you walked in the door yousmelledoil and solvent.Theowner greeted you by name.Theremightbeadog sleepingin thecorner of the showroom. You felt comfortable and respected.

Things change. Today, Harleyis all about the bottom line. The company knows how to capture customers.On dealers' floors, leather-draped mannequins can outnumber the bikes. By selling a lifestyle while competitors sold only motorcycles, Harley has left others in the dustin theprofitablecruiser bike segment. The distinction betweenposers and bikers has blurred.Discussing the difference isfutile.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:40 AM
mark10
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

my nephew has a ducati but bought a harley leather, the 'harley' on it is the same color as the jacket. so i was thinkin that to even things out i should go to the ducati shop and by one of their jackets. so what is better, ridin a ducati in a harley jacket or riding a harley in a ducati jacket. he bought because he wanted leather and he liked the jacket.

when in sturgis, sat down in this bar and started talking to these 2 couples. one of the guys sure looked like die hard biker. found out he was just passin thru on his way to CA and stopped in. he was actually a writer for articles for magazines, his SO made jewelry, and they lived in a airstream. never had a bike and no plans or want to get one. and in many ways he was probably more a biker than most - like those that trailor their bike behind their motor home.

when i rode to sturgis i had some harley stuff on, only becuase it worked. once i got their it was jeans and deck shoes and t-shirt - nothing with harley on it. didn't ride while there - too much stop and go - left and rode back home - put 2500 on the bike that week.

clothes are just that clothes
and as the saying goes "it's not the clothes that makes the man, but the man that makes the clothes."

Old 01-11-2008, 10:49 AM
JamieCarr
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm,....I wonder if a network gear rack will accommodate musical equipment as well? Are they the same size? I got a big azz power strip i ain't using in my office(rack mount) that would be nice for some of my music gear at home............

Old 01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Frankly, I don't spend any time worrying about whether or not I should wear a Harley shirtand what others might think whetherI am riding or not. I think there a far more important issues in the world to be concerned about and what kind of t-shirt somebody is wearing isn't one of them.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:07 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a rack. Really? or is it just a winky tabletop system you want everyone to think you have a rockin' stereo?
Stereo poser? You be the judge

Just asking!!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:22 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

so, how was the band? you stayed and listened. I know several ladies that wear HD clothes, they don't own bikes, but they sure make the clothes look good! They can Pose for me anytime.

Hey baby, wanna ride a Fat Boy?

Old 01-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

I love posers, they taste like chicken....

Old 01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

ORIGINAL: DGlide04

I have a rack. Really? or is it just a winky tabletop system you want everyone to think you have a rockin' stereo?
Stereo poser? You be the judge

Just asking!!
no no,...not stereo stuff,....but like effects processors,....mic-pre amps and such,...will those fit in a network rack? Just looking,..they seem real close in dim's.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:45 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

The shirt I'm wearing today reads "Ouachita National Forest, Arkansas, Oklahoma",...but i'm not really a tree,.........guess I'm a wannabee poser tree[8D][8D]

Old 01-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Malac Frost
Tourer

I love being a poser....it makes my HD stock go up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: What do you think of Posers..