General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of Posers..

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What do you think of Posers..

I'll admit that at one time, it used to bother me to see high school and college kids wearing BDUs. I never thought of it as "cool" to wear those outside of being on duty. I got over that very quickly when I reminded myself that people can wear whatever they want, and it is none of my concern. I was also about 19 years old, and I have a few years under my belt now.

I wore Harley shirts all the time when I rode my Boulevard. No one ever said a word to me, or even gave me a second look (that I ever saw).

As I see it, anyone that has a problem with it should look inside themselves and figure out what it is in "their" life that is causing them to be concerned with what others are doing. The Harley "image" has been evolving for years and years. I acutally think it could be viewed as a show of solidarity for somehting so uniquely American. People seem to be hell bent on seperating themselves from everyone else. I prefer to let my actions and my personality separate me from others (for better or worse), and not my clothing choices.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:40 AM
doggiedave
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damm, thought the bike was running a little rough when I had on my Honda boxers!

Old 09-26-2007, 12:07 PM
jethro001
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I see someone wearing HD stuff I always ask what they ride, but when they tell me they don't I could care less. I like to wear my Harley stuff but don't think I would if I didn't own one.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Posers keep Harley in the black. I should know... I'm one and spend a lot of money proving it...

Old 09-26-2007, 03:18 PM
RGDRYMO
Intermediate

I bought my 07' RKC in June and I have gone absolutely crazy buying stuff for my bike and stuff to wear, I was in NYC in July and bought a T-shirt from the Harley store in Manhatten. I even own 2 pairs of H-D shorts. If being so proud of the fact that I own a Harley that I want everyone to know it even when I'm not on it, Then I guess that makes me A poser and A Damn proud one!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 03:29 PM
celticgent
Road Master

i've never been in the military, and never wanted to be.

anyhow, i've ownedand worn military surplus for years.

reason being, it's usually really tough wearing and you can usually get it cheaper than regular stuff.

i mean, i don't dress up like i'm going into combat as a soldier, but i'll wear BDU pants and flight jackets and i've always worn combat boots...(never really together all at once...)

in fact, i am planning on buying some used insulated pants i found at a local surplus because i need some insulated bibs for this winter, and even the knockoff carharts are over $50...whereas these used military pants were $9.99

sometimes i also get stuff from sportsmansguide.com and cheaperthandirt.com too.

i'm not posing, i'm CHEAP!

ORIGINAL: Brackneyc

I'll admit that at one time, it used to bother me to see high school and college kids wearing BDUs. I never thought of it as "cool" to wear those outside of being on duty. I got over that very quickly when I reminded myself that people can wear whatever they want, and it is none of my concern. I was also about 19 years old, and I have a few years under my belt now.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Trux
Cruiser

I have two rules: 1) I will only wear Harley Dealership t-shirts (no other harley gear, mostly because I can't afford it) and 2) I will only wear Harley Dealership t-shirts if, and only if, I rode my bike to the dealership. For example, if I fly to Brazil and visit a Harley dealer, I will not buy a t-shirt from there. But if I ride to Brazil, well then its ok to buy a shirt. So needless to say, I will never own a Harley t-shirt from Brazil. But I do own one from Appalachian Harley, because its about 5 miles from my house. And I rode down to Gatlinburg TN and bought a Smoky Mtn Harley t-shirt and picked up some from Shanendoah and Groves on the way back through.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:49 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it jealousy you think? Jealous that they are free to wear a T-shirt without buying a bike? I dont get it either. And I never heard of it till I came to this forum. Well, my kids have been saying poser for a few years now, but never to the degree that I haveheard here. My gorgeous wife has a pair of HD panties and I like it when she poses Cant we all just get along??? I agree with you its an innerman problem...

As I see it, anyone that has a problem with it should look inside themselves and figure out what it is in "their" life that is causing them to be concerned with what others are doing.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:52 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there are enuff foolish rules in life without adding to the list. Why make up extras? A man can choose what to believe in, choose wisely...
ORIGINAL: Trux

I have two rules: 1) I will only wear Harley Dealership t-shirts (no other harley gear, mostly because I can't afford it) and 2) I will only wear Harley Dealership t-shirts if, and only if, I rode my bike to the dealership. For example, if I fly to Brazil and visit a Harley dealer, I will not buy a t-shirt from there. But if I ride to Brazil, well then its ok to buy a shirt. So needless to say, I will never own a Harley t-shirt from Brazil. But I do own one from Appalachian Harley, because its about 5 miles from my house. And I rode down to Gatlinburg TN and bought a Smoky Mtn Harley t-shirt and picked up some from Shanendoah and Groves on the way back through.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: celticgent

i've never been in the military, and never wanted to be.

anyhow, i've ownedand worn military surplus for years.

reason being, it's usually really tough wearing and you can usually get it cheaper than regular stuff.

i mean, i don't dress up like i'm going into combat as a soldier, but i'll wear BDU pants and flight jackets and i've always worn combat boots...(never really together all at once...)

in fact, i am planning on buying some used insulated pants i found at a local surplus because i need some insulated bibs for this winter, and even the knockoff carharts are over $50...whereas these used military pants were $9.99

sometimes i also get stuff from sportsmansguide.com and cheaperthandirt.com too.

i'm not posing, i'm CHEAP!

And Iam completely cool with that. I just remember feeling at one time (when I was still thinking like a child) that it mattered.

Now, I don't even notice what others are wearing (unless it is a girl on a bike, and that I simply have limited/nocontrol over. ). I'm kidding of course, but why deprive myself of one of the finer things in life...a girl on a Harley. My wife has an 883L, so I get to ride AND have beautiful scenery no matter where I go.

Quick Reply: What do you think of Posers..