General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of Posers..

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 09:45 AM
spartns
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you think of Posers..

Harley shirts, boots, jeans, socks, hats, belts and jackets. Who cares. You know, if we all subscribed to the ideals of nudism, we wouldn't be discussing this. Would we? A little cold here in the north though.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:25 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: spartns
Would we? A little cold here in the north though.
God I hope not, freeze you ***** off up here this time of year.
Not to mention all the rear enders cagers would have that would be traced back to butt (and other parts) watching instead of where the hell they were going.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Cigar Aggie
Road Master

Honestly, Why even label someone a poser? Who cares what others ride or wear.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:52 PM
UnkleKronik
Road Captain

spose i'm a poser now too...........

waddn't bull$hittin.....high beams were following me around lol

Old 12-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, this is deep- What is a poser?
Poser is a label that is given by some riders to someone THEY believe does not fit what THEY believe Harley is all about. The problem is their poser definition is not supported at all by the REAL Harley folks. In fact, the real Harley folks completely disagree with that label and support those that are being defined as posers. Who are the real authentic Harley folks? They are the ones that own the trade marks, the history and the real bikers of the past. They are ones that created the definitions and set the pace for what they created Harley to be. It's the MoCo. Why am I sure the real Harley/MoCo doesn't support the poser terminology? Because they are the ones that push all the clothing, branding on anything that moves, and sell to who ever will buy. They encourage non-riders to join their experience regardless of ownership status. The folks doing the labeling are in fact going against the real Harley way of life and philosophy and are the folks posing to be something Harley is not. Now I need a beer, that wore me out.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:58 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Keith_H

Poser is a label that is given by some riders to someone THEY believe does not fit what THEY believe Harley is all about. The problem is their poser definition is not supported at all by the REAL Harley folks. In fact, the real Harley folks completely disagree with that label and support those that are being defined as posers. Who are the real authentic Harley folks? They are the ones that own the trade marks, the history and the real bikers of the past. They are ones that created the definitions and set the pace for what they created Harley to be. It's the MoCo. Why am I sure the real Harley/MoCo doesn't support the poser terminology? Because they are the ones that push all the clothing, branding on anything that moves, and sell to who ever will buy. They encourage non-riders to join their experience regardless of ownership status. The folks doing the labeling are in fact going against the real Harley way of life and philosophy and are the folks posing to be something Harley is not. Now I need a beer, that wore me out.
Yeah, what he said.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,432 Likes on 4,355 Posts

Twasn't too deep. That's pretty good, Keith. MoCo VP of Mktng. is always under pressure to bring new classes of folks into ownership. Look at Skippy, the metrosexual modeling Harley's holiday season clothesLOL

I'm fine with posers doin their thing with clothes, being on the forum, stating they don't have a bike or Harley yet, helping their learning more about bikes, talking to them, drinking their beer.

But, if they are a cyber-fake who says they ride when they don't have a bike and they lie about everything A to Z, then there's gotta be some other special word?? to describe them, and they are pretty worthless creeps IMO.
ORIGINAL: Keith_H

Old 12-13-2006, 06:20 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like posers.

Female posers that is....

Nekkid female posers posing on my bike...

Or anywhere else their little hearts desire.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:23 PM
henryjw1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell, I guess I'm a poser. I have HD T-shirts, caps. etc. I wear them all the time. Kind of proud to ride a Harley and don't see anything wrong with it. Been riding 30+ years. but if wearing MoCo stuff makes me a poser, So be it!!

Old 12-13-2006, 06:26 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: AK_Hog_Herder
Nekkid female posers posing on my bike...
Me too, if their nekkid they can't scratch the paint. But they do leave interesting "prints" behind.

Quick Reply: What do you think of Posers..