General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of Posers..

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Nadil
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you think of Posers..

I only read half the posts in this thread and thats all I need to read. This same question about "Posers" was asked about 3 or 4 months ago and the responses were 180 degrees different then they are now.... Very Interesting.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:17 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Its odd that I never considered myself a "poser", yet I have Harley t-shirts, sweatshirts, baseball hat's, a couple of dozen little Harley models, from Avon of all places, a Heritage table lamp, and even boots. But I haven't bought one of them, the wife or friends have given them all to me as Christmas or birthday presents.
Now she wants me to get a Harley shirt for this 15 pound high speed, low drag, lingerie stealing pervert.

Is he going to be called a poser?
But no one can argue that her heart isn't in the right place. This summer she gave me a huge check to go out and get the bike I really wanted, my 07 Custom.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:05 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm glad someone let the cat out of the bag and clued us in on DILLIGAF. I didn't want to look like an idiot not knowing what it means.
ORIGINAL: The Punisher

ORIGINAL: ******

Yea I saw it last year, HDWG posed it, Matt bought me a sticker last month when he was home
ORIGINAL: The Punisher

You should see the looks I get, Black Jacket, Black Chaps and BROWN BOOTS. DILLIGAF?
ORIGINAL: HeatherC

It's the chaps...everyone know you must be a poser if you wear chaps!

hahahahahahahaha King of Posers hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha, I kill me!
ORIGINAL: nine11c2

The thread reminded me not to get caught up in the bullshit and just ride, heck we are just posers compared to the 1%'ers, and as always, ****** is king...
******, DILLIGAF is a biker term for "Do I Look Like I give a F%^K". It is a very popular helmet sticker among us posers

Don't know what I was thinking if any body knew what DILLIGAF means it's ******

Old 12-11-2006, 05:34 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

Its odd that I never considered myself a "poser", yet I have Harley t-shirts, sweatshirts, baseball hat's, a couple of dozen little Harley models, from Avon of all places, a Heritage table lamp, and even boots. But I haven't bought one of them, the wife or friends have given them all to me as Christmas or birthday presents.
Now she wants me to get a Harley shirt for this 15 pound high speed, low drag, lingerie stealing pervert.

Is he going to be called a poser?
But no one can argue that her heart isn't in the right place. This summer she gave me a huge check to go out and get the bike I really wanted, my 07 Custom.
Bet that little mutt is worth its weight in gold at the beach. I am sure it would take much to train him to heist bikini tops.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:10 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Who cares what someone else is wearing. Get a life, RIDE, and you won't notice what anyone else is wearing.
Is this little guy a poser?

[IMG]local://upfiles/20380/314E7168AEB94DD9BE5ACA1D7EAF06CA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

WOW! We're up to 10 Pages of this CRAP!

Old 12-12-2006, 07:55 PM
LTrain
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bit of the opposite. Someone tried calling me out while I was in my regular bar. (It is VERY regular, ie Cheers.) He was not a regular.

I had on a HD Tshirt and he said "You ride or just have the TShirt?"

I'll tell you what I text messaged to a friend of mine about it:

Harley Davidson $15,000.00
Harley Shirt $20.00
In freezing rain, answering the question "You ride or just have the TShirt?" by pointing -priceless.

(In case it's not clear, my FDX was parked right in front of the front window.) At least he was a rider, just couldn't see taking it out in the rain, or some nonsense.

ORIGINAL: nine11c2

So my brother (Dyna) and my buddy Andy (VTX 1800) and I go to a bar last night. The band has got Harley gear all over them. The lead singer is wearing a NYC Harley Davidson shirt (btw, don't believe there is a dealer that sells skoots in NYC, just a gear store). So I ask the guitar player what the band rides and he looks at me and goes "us? we don't ride..."

Frankly, I bought a decent amount when I started riding, but I don't anymore. I ride to ride, not to show other people I ride. I buy clothes now that work on the bike and they don't have to say H-D. But I can't tell you how many people I've met that wear gear (I know a whole family that will show up in gear without a single cycle between them). I just think it's lame - like having a Ferrari key ring but no Ferrari. Am I the only person who thinks people are pathetic who wear gear who don't ride?

Old 12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pffffttt! Labels! What's with the labels? Who cares if you ride or you just appreciate Harley's? Lots of people like Harley Davidson motorcycles ... Who the heck can dictate to me what I wear on my T-shirt! I'd like to see 'em try!

I don't believe anyone should be considered special and should be the only ones "allowed" to wear any Harley logo because you ride a Harley. That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It's just stupid! Get a grip!

Old 12-12-2006, 08:27 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nadil

I only read half the posts in this thread and thats all I need to read. This same question about "Posers" was asked about 3 or 4 months ago and the responses were 180 degrees different then they are now.... Very Interesting.
You know, I went back and read some of the threads. And people are all "if you only do 1000 miles and you're a lawyer you're a poser" and "as long as you have a bike you're not", and I ask a question here and the answers are all the other way. You know what I think it means Nadil?

Too much drugs and they can't remember what they said yesterday....

Either that or they like to stir crap up.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:11 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Actually,I have met some real good people that wear the gear and do not own.One old guy used to ride,his grandson bought him a shirt.What he did have though was a beautiful 2 cylinder John Deere tractor,he laughed and said he had to give up riding but could not give up the sound of 2 big pistons blaring out his favorite music.

Quick Reply: What do you think of Posers..