General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of Posers..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What do you think of Posers..

I know, must really be a lot of snow and cold weather someplace, unless, no couldn't be, maybe most really aren't even Harley riders at all, just posers and have a computer??? I ask you, why else worry about such a trival thing...

Old 12-10-2006, 04:44 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I say you are all a bunch of posers....every one of ya! I am the only real biker here!

Old 12-10-2006, 04:46 PM
vailtl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Harley has become pretty much a clothing store as well.
I hear they make more on the clothing sales than on the bikes
themselves.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bear64

I know, must really be a lot of snow and cold weather someplace, unless, no couldn't be, maybe most really aren't even Harley riders at all, just posers and have a computer??? I ask you, why else worry about such a trival thing...
True dat Bear. Clothes and a bike do NOT a biker make. I've had bro's over the years that rode Honda's whatever. "It's" not something you can buy. When folks here talk about "lifestyle", it's not exclusive to Harley. Then again ... as the saying goes ... "If I have to explain, you wouldn't undertsand".

IMO ... some just need to lighten up, and some aren't as enlightened as they think.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: HD7585

WOW! we're up to 8 Pages of this Crap!
I was thinking the same thing

Old 12-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

In all actualality, we are all Posers compared to the 1%'ers. Each and everyone of us is a Poser to some degree or another, if you want to be real technical about it. To me, the Poser is someone who tries to portray an Image, and that is not done simply by wearing a HD hat or T-shirt. At a recent PGR Mission we had 3 clubs present, Hells Angels, Sons of the South and the Hardwood Riders, the rest of us there were indeed Posers compared to these guys.
Ride what ya wanna ride, wear what ya wanna wear, just remember, when it comes to the Image part, if ya try to portray the Hard Core Badass image, someone may challenge ya to live up to that image!

Old 12-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ******

In all actualality, we are all Posers compared to the 1%'ers. Each and everyone of us is a Poser to some degree or another, if you want to be real technical about it. To me, the Poser is someone who tries to portray an Image, and that is not done simply by wearing a HD hat or T-shirt. At a recent PGR Mission we had 3 clubs present, Hells Angels, Sons of the South and the Hardwood Riders, the rest of us there were indeed Posers compared to these guys.
Ride what ya wanna ride, wear what ya wanna wear, just remember, when it comes to the Image part, if ya try to portray the Hard Core Badass image, someone may challenge ya to live up to that image!
I'm not talking about the badass stuff, Rah. I'm talking about the brotherhood. We hit all this in another thread.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:32 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well said ******

heres a thought, just a thought. Maybe just maybe the real posers are the ones who keep bringing up this poser question? [8D]

Let's just be ourselves and ride our bikes

Old 12-10-2006, 06:54 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Sorry Kieth I didn't catch that cause the poser who started this topic was out puttin 75 odd miles on his scoot in 45 degree weather. I'm thinkin' the real posers are the people callin' guys on the forum posers without knowing them...

Old 12-10-2006, 07:05 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: nine11c2

Sorry Kieth I didn't catch that cause the poser who started this topic was out puttin 75 odd miles on his scoot in 45 degree weather. I'm thinkin' the real posers are the people callin' guys on the forum posers without knowing them...

good points , the thing is lets drop the labels and ride

Quick Reply: What do you think of Posers..