General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of Posers..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 10:07 AM
jimb
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you think of Posers..

I wore the gear when I was a kid.When I grew up I refused to wear it until I got a bike.Now I have the bike and 2 shirts.Both shirts were gifts.I couldn't care less if someone is wearing the stuff and doesn't own a bike.I wear Buckeyes gear and Browns gear and I've never played for either of them.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:08 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Six more pages of "You might be a poser if.........".

Regards,

Bill

Old 12-10-2006, 11:54 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Here!Here!Brother.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:59 AM
so165
Tourer

The post about the Hells Angels made me remember when I was in the Navy, we were in a bar in the PI and saw a dude wearing a Navy SEAL shirt one of the team guys went over to him and said something then commenced to ripping the shirt off his body. I suppose he was a poser.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: mopardave

j2dawson<---------RUB[sm=joke.gif]
Maybe the UB part, but definately not the "R".

Old 12-10-2006, 12:05 PM
KenM
Road Master

I don't care.
I never bought a shirt until I had the bike though.
Got my son a baby T when he was 3 months old.
He wasn't a poser but he was a pooper

Old 12-10-2006, 12:11 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Dudes, I was just throwin' it out there. For a bunch of people who don't care what people wear, awful lot of posts on this thread.

Listen, I was bored. Too cold to ride here for a week. BTW, did me and some of us get called RUB's? How in the heck can you call anyone a RUB not knowin anything about me?

Was just thinkin' about this over a cup of coffee. It seems the point of this thread is leave people alone. But if you're a RUB and do ride someone else can pass judgement? Seems like the leave people be should apply if people are goin' the next step and at least puttin a bike or two in their (apparently massive) garages.

btw, my thinking is anyone on this forum is at least a bit of a UB just for bein' on the forum. Real bikers didn't have no computers or message boards...

Old 12-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

I'm a poser.

I like to get on my Harley and pretend I am a much more badazz, sexy and macho individual.

I insist all the neighbors call me "Easy Rider" on those days, and tell my wife to call me "Hacksaw".

Some times I roll it out into the driveway and polish the chrome under the sunlight and be sure to wave at the neighbors using my fist salute instead of my normal "hi" finger-spread wave, while I stand there in all my leather gear.

Then I push it back into the garage, look around for a few minutes scowling at everyone and every pet I see, stomp a cigarette under my boot heel and go in to make a batch of toll house cookies in my "Holidays are for Hugs" apron while listening to old Cindi Lauper albums.

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

Actually, I don't even have leather gear, an apron, never made toll house cookies and like the neighbors to call me by my actual name - James. I don't smoke unless I drink and wouldn't do either if I was around the bike. I have 2 harley shirts that came with the bike purchase, and can't justify spending money on more. One tee shirt is as functional as the next. I do not own, nor could tell you the name of a song Cindi Lauper (IF I got the spelling right..) sang past "Girls just wanna' have fun" - and I remember that because my buddies sister and her friends used to jump up and down on their bed (in their late teens) listening to it. It was hot.

Am I a poser? I don't know - I like to ride. In fact according to the weather page I have open it looks like the cloud coverage will be over in about 20 minutes opening a 45 minute window of opportunity. I may have to seize it!!
Ride safe!

Old 12-10-2006, 12:41 PM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont really give a rats ****.

I dont care what you wear, what colour you are, what your religion is, what you ride, what you drive. I could go on for pages but I guess you get the picture.

Smile at me and I'll smile right back, chat with me and I'll chat right back, push me and I'll push right back.

Good people come in all guises, as do bad uns, and what they are wearing dont tell you s%'t.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:02 PM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

He said pooper.
ORIGINAL: KenM

I don't care.
I never bought a shirt until I had the bike though.
Got my son a baby T when he was 3 months old.
He wasn't a poser but he was a pooper

Quick Reply: What do you think of Posers..