Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Poser SOA Vest

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 02:53 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NorCalFBLO
your vest looks great, it does need breaking in and a few bugs....
Love bug season will be here soon. I'll be wearing it everyday to/from work, so it should be nice and broke in soon.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pccoder
I got some really nice Fox Creek lined deerskin gloves. You're right, they sell great stuff. On the issue of price, I'd really rather have what I want. Do I really care to worry about $150? I mean, it's a one time purchase. Lifetime guarantee. Why over the period of a lifetime do I really care to bicker over such a small amount of money?
I think we can both agree that we're both free to spend our money on whatever we want. I'm all about quality for the right price. I just don't see myself spending over $300 on a leather vest.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:35 PM
bamahemi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking vest, and an even better hat.

Roll Tide Roll.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 PM
ChopperPop
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the last vest you may ever buy. Quality comes at a price, BTW if you tell them at Legendary Leather you are a forum member you will get a discount. 280 for mine. (Retail was 330 at the time).

Old 01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
.....but if you want to get some of that new off of it throw it in the dryer with some tennis ***** on no heat for a few hours. Just keep at it until it feels right. Enjoy the new Vest.
I wish someone would have told me this sooner. Mine was broken in when I was standing on a sidewalk watching a drill team of goldwings and one of the dipshits got too close to the curb and ran us down.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:41 PM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont get what the purpose of a vest is. Im not trying to dog on anyones style, just sayin I dont get it. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Other point is I cant believe people are really buying those patches.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 PM
SpinnrUp
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Block head
I dont get what the purpose of a vest is. Im not trying to dog on anyones style, just sayin I dont get it. Anyone care to enlighten me?

I've been riding Harley's off and on for more than 35 years. To see so many supposed rugged individualists trying their best to look like everyone else boggles my simple mind. To bad I didn't get a trademark on 'DILLIGAF", I'd be a rich man. No cut to anyone, free choice and all.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 PM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpinnrUp
I've been riding Harley's off and on for more than 35 years. To see so many supposed rugged individualists trying their best to look like everyone else boggles my simple mind. To bad I didn't get a trademark on 'DILLIGAF", I'd be a rich man. No cut to anyone, free choice and all.
I kinda know how ya feel. First time I saw one of those "F%$& you you f%$&*^ f%$& stickers I was sure someone Id told off was makin money off me

Old 01-02-2012, 10:42 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

now your a real biker, follow the leader

Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Block head

I got one to put HOG patches on but found that I like wearing it just because - in colder weather it offered an additional barrier, cuts down on the felt wind and in warmer or transitional temps with a mesh jacket underneath it provides just the right amount of airflow while giving more protection than a mesh jacket alone. One days that start out a little cool but you know it will warm up, putting a windproof barrier under the vest/mesh combo works well until it warms up. Try one - you'll like it even if there are no patches.

Quick Reply: Got my Poser SOA Vest