General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Langlitz Leathers

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:18 AM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior
Received 108 Likes on 33 Posts

It took a long time to save for my Langlitz, but it is one of the best purchases I ever made. Satisfaction every time I put it on! Craftsmanship beyond compare.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:42 AM
norton
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I know Langlitz makes great jackets but, the problem I have with spending that much money is, will I still be able to wear it a few years down the road?

I have a probably just as good Lost Worlds in horsehide that I can't wear anymore do to weight gain and now just sits in the closet.

As far as Vanson is concerned, I don't understand all the criticism. I bought a new one a year ago or so and it was as nice a jacket I've ever seen with super thick beautiful heavy cowhide that looked like horsehide. It still had the made in USA tag also.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:29 AM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior
Received 108 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by norton
I know Langlitz makes great jackets but, the problem I have with spending that much money is, will I still be able to wear it a few years down the road?
My Langlitz does gives me extra incentive to keep my weight in check!

Also many Vanson's are now made off shore.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:41 AM
albngore
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

I am not certain of this, but is possible that Langlitz might be able to make some alterations as time and weight increase. If not, it is likely that you can have them sell your jacket and buy another of the correct new size. Also, it is quite likely that either Craigslist or eBay would find your used jacket having a ready market. Sure you would lose a few hundred dollars perhaps, but you would get most of your money back.

Now I am curious myself about Langlitz alterations. I will send them an email.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Holzarbeiter
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Langlitz does alterations as well as repair on Langlitz products.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:36 AM
BlackSpecial
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am fortunate to live near the Langlitz shop.

I regularly kept an eye on the consignment rack and it paid off.

Goatskin Columbia, only 3 years old. Fits like it was custom made for me. About 40% off new.

Attached Thumbnails Langlitz Leathers-img_1167.jpg  
Old 02-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

NOBODY makes finer leathers,or treats their customers better than Langlitz.Had my first one back in the 60's,it's in my brother's coffin.They put a serial number on them now,but when they say they will "build you a Jacket",it's no B.S. I feel bad for the pavement if I go down in this beauty.A thousand bucks is little more than a couple of bling additions to the scoot,and I'm effing worth it.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:10 PM
harleypr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also live close to the Langlitz shop. I bought my first jacket and pants from Ross. He was the greatest. The quality and fit are the best out there. The price is what you pay for quality. If I wanted a cheap bike I wouldn't have a Harley. My first set was stolen out of my garage, still upset about that. I also purchased a custom set of leathers for my wife. Gray goat skin with black trim on the pockets and pants, along with black zipper pulls. My new set which is 27 years old has the heavier liner and leather lining in all pockets in the jacket and pants. I have 3 sets of their gloves and they are also the best. One set of long gauntlet gloves that I use most of the time, a set of shorter reverse stitched gloves and finally the sheep skin mitts which are terrific in the cold we have here. Also have a neck scarf that really keeps the cold from blowing down your neck. I'm sold on Dave and the crew and if you buy something else you will be sorry.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd have to see one in person to consider getting one.
I'm happy in a T-shirt and jeans, so I'd want to see for myself the work that went into it to justify the cost.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:17 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't doubt Langlitz quality but I find their styles are dated and not very appealing. I instantly think of 1983, mullets, and my uncle Hugh.

Quick Reply: Langlitz Leathers