General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Langlitz Leathers

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Holzarbeiter
Yes they are expensive but one of the best leathers you will ever buy and they stand behind the product 100%. Custom made in the good old USA.
Should the leathers ever need repair or modification, no problem.
The only competition to Langlitz is Vanson, Vanson now makes most of their leathers in South America and if you want a USA made piece from Vanson, expect to pay close to the same and I know of some that have waited up to a year for delivery.
Yep, Bought My Jacket and pants in '82. Still wearing them, and Thier like Brand New.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Idaho Spud
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, maybe I better start saving my pennies.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Kenny94945
Stellar HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 305 Posts

As mentioned above, good leather jackets will last darn near a life time.

For example, I've only owned two for nearly 40 years. This 2nd one is a Vanson.

So, maybe the upfront cost can be cost effective?

Old 01-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Northern Cowboy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

They are expensive.

I've been saving my pennies, filled out the forms, sealed the envelope, then let it sit for about three weeks without mailing it. I kept chewing on the cost/benefit in my head.

I finally decided to drop it in the mailbox today - no turning back. With luck it will be here for the start of the riding season. I am sure I will be glad I did.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Mississippi Birdman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have one of their bomber jackets? How is it?

Old 02-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Northern Cowboy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern Cowboy
They are expensive.

I finally decided to drop it in the mailbox today - no turning back. With luck it will be here for the start of the riding season. I am sure I will be glad I did.
My jacket arrived a couple of days ago. I can describe it in one word: Wow!

It is fantastic. Fits like a glove and is visually appealing. The team at Langlitz was more than helpful and easy to communicate with. I want to wear it all the time, not just when I am on my bike.

If you ever think you may purchase one - go for it! Probably the best money I spent other than my bike.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Climb14er
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern Cowboy
My jacket arrived a couple of days ago. I can describe it in one word: Wow!

It is fantastic. Fits like a glove and is visually appealing. The team at Langlitz was more than helpful and easy to communicate with. I want to wear it all the time, not just when I am on my bike.

If you ever think you may purchase one - go for it! Probably the best money I spent other than my bike.
The best money I ever spent over the past thirty five years has been on my Langlitz Jackets!

You get what you pay for... and a whole lot more!

One caveat... I NEVER leave the Langlitz unattended or out of my sight unless it's being looked after by another at the table. Even then, I hesitate to leave it alone.

Langlitz jackets have a 'following' and trust me on this... never leave it away from your side!

Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 AM
BUZZARD II
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm another Langlitz fan. Mines the goat leather Columbia with extra shoulder and elbow pads. I like it so much I have ordered the Westerns with knee pads

Look I'm a Geezer and have been riding for 45 years, more with mini and dirt bikes. This is the best piece of equipment I've ever owned. I've had other custom made leathers and I still have a Vanson vented jacket. There is no comparison. Schott, Vanson, they make very nice jackets, way better than anything H-D puts it's brand on. But Langlitz is at the top of the list.

No matter how well your Vanson/Schott/H-D fits the langlitz will fit and be made better, way better.

Climb14er is right, you will never leave the jacket on a hook or in a coatroom. Never. It's on me or locked up.

Your on a Harley forum. It's an expensive bike compared to what you might have bought. Why? Some of the same reasons apply to Langlitz.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:12 PM
albngore
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

I have a custom Langlitz Columbia in mid-weight cowhide. It is a wonderful jacket but too heavy. I should have bought the goatskin. That said, mine is a great cold weather jacket. I could never wear it in summer though. So be warned, the cowhide is just too heavy for most riding, most riders.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:42 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Will I started with a Cascade with pads.

Now I have a Columbia with Cossack Collar with pads and Columbia with dress collar.

All in Goatskin. My wife rides in Langlitz also. The way I look at it money will spent. Qualtity second to none, but need to wear one to understand.

Quick Reply: Langlitz Leathers