General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Roc HD in New Rochelle, NY files 11

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Stash905
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe this will make the other dealers on Long Island realize they can't keep ripping people off. I refuse to use any of them for service I can't do myself. I use an old school indie.
In my opinion, Long Island was saturated with HD dealers. There is something like 5 dealers in Nassau and Suffolk and then there is NY Harley in Queens. Seems like a lot within short distances of each other.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:17 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been calling since 10:00am they are not answering the phones. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY ARE STILL OPEN????

Old 12-28-2011, 10:14 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Warplock I called also no answer not even a recording. There web site is still on. How do you get your bike out of storage. I feel for the folks who have bikes there. This is going turn into a ball of **** mess for some folks. This came out of nowhere sad and messed up.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:26 AM
wraplock
Road Captain

Carlo I just contacted the MoCo who would only confirm that they still show them as an active dealer. I had a local LEO who is a friend do a drive by and says they are closed until Monday. So I will run in on Monday and try to burn the gift card I have.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:09 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Warplock if I hear any thing in the mean time I'll keep you posted.. Called there but no answer. If the Gift card was bought on a credit card I would dispute it ASAP.

Last edited by carlo; 12-28-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by wraplock
Carlo I just contacted the MoCo who would only confirm that they still show them as an active dealer. I had a local LEO who is a friend do a drive by and says they are closed until Monday. So I will run in on Monday and try to burn the gift card I have.
From what I understand New Roc usually closes this week every year for inventory so it is not because of the filing but we will see if they are still around on Monday.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't blame it on the Moco. The world economy is on the verge of collapse. Could get much worse. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Brutus Iron
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chapter 11 is a chapter of the United States Bankruptcy Code, which permits reorganization under the bankruptcy laws of the United States. Chapter 11 bankruptcy is available to every business, whether organized as a corporation or sole proprietorship, and to individuals, although it is most prominently used by corporate entities. In contrast, Chapter 7 governs the process of a liquidation bankruptcy, while Chapter 13 provides a reorganization process for the majority of private individuals.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:10 AM
wraplock
Road Captain

I was there yesterday. They are open and say they will stay open under new ownership. I was able to spend most of my gift card and will return this week to spend the rest. The sales women I spoke to said they are aware of these posts and say there is nothing to worry about they aren't going anywhere. She told me if I didn't find what I wanted to come back as they will be ordering new inventory very soon. Time will tell....

Old 01-05-2012, 07:52 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by wraplock
I was there yesterday. They are open and say they will stay open under new ownership. I was able to spend most of my gift card and will return this week to spend the rest. The sales women I spoke to said they are aware of these posts and say there is nothing to worry about they aren't going anywhere. She told me if I didn't find what I wanted to come back as they will be ordering new inventory very soon. Time will tell....
Bridgeport HD (Fritzs) did the same. New owners were coming in but it never happened & they're gone. Hopefully the sales women is right but don't hold your breath.

Quick Reply: New Roc HD in New Rochelle, NY files 11