General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

touring section or general chat

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:42 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,753 Likes on 22,732 Posts

Start on a poll on the
Remove the stupid stickies thread..
I'm sure that will get attention...

Old 12-27-2011, 11:51 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,715 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by TaterSaladonaRoadking
It appears that 90 - 95% of things posted in the touring section should be general chat items. Why so much crap in a touring section? Shouldn't the touring section be about your rides, your modicifactions, paint job etc to touring bikes. No offense to the many posters but how to hook up a heated jacket, how to swap handle bars or what type of oil cooler, what type of oil are general chat crap. Just curious what others think? Maybe this is just the wrong forum for me, but there is a lot of nonsense in this touring section.
1. I only care what people who ride baggers have to say about life, love, handlebars, or hooking up electric gloves.
2. I would not look at nor see topics posted elsewhere, therefore if you posted this in the non touring section, I would not be writing this response.
3. I belong to other forums, for example the XL forum. If I have a question on anything to do with sporties it goes there, whether it is life, love, handlebars or hooking up electric gloves.
4. You must have this week off from work.
5. Touring nonsense is better nonsense than say, dyna or softtail nonsense.
6. I will never click on or look at the sticky's, and they are a pain to scroll through, but I can do it. All stickies should have a 6 month shelf life.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:51 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
A better question would be why are there so many worthless "sticky" threads at the top of the Touring Section page?

Sticky: New Droid App for V Twins
Sticky: HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Baggers
Sticky: WIN A FREE FLOORBOARD EXTENSION KIT from HarleyGoodies.com
Sticky: clip of how to lift a harley that has fallen over
Sticky: Turn a Classic into a classic

Sticky: NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w
Sticky: ******J&M Amp Install Just Completed on Al's 2009 Street Glide...Pics Here******

Old 12-27-2011, 11:55 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by son of the hounds
5. Touring nonsense is better nonsense than say, dyna or softtail nonsense.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:00 PM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This forum is all about touring.....and the motors, maintenance, modifying, painting, riding, trip taking and chroming of these bikes. So, I would say this forum covers touring very well.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TaterSaladonaRoadking
It appears that 90 - 95% of things posted in the touring section should be general chat items. Why so much crap in a touring section? Shouldn't the touring section be about your rides, your modicifactions, paint job etc to touring bikes. No offense to the many posters but how to hook up a heated jacket, how to swap handle bars or what type of oil cooler, what type of oil are general chat crap. Just curious what others think? Maybe this is just the wrong forum for me, but there is a lot of nonsense in this touring section.
Dude, those are pretty critical judgements for someone with 14 total posts. Not the way to get a good start here.
I like this forum for the very reason you're complaining about. I frequent another forum that is entirely too **** about where someone posts a particular question. This forum is like a breath of fresh air compared to the other.
I highly recommend more reading and less complaining. We're a pretty relaxed bunch overall and your miss-step will soon be forgotten if you give it a chance.
Happy New Year to all on the forum (you too, TaterSalad).

Old 12-27-2011, 12:13 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Why is it that new guys always want to change something? Start your own forum if you don't like this one. Others have tried it, and failed. This one seems to be doing pretty well without your, OP's, input. Contribute something useful.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:35 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Its kinda like thumbing thru the listing on a cable (TV) guide, when you see something that catches your interest, you click on it. If you dont, you pass it by. Your not obligated to read every single thread, or resond for that matter. I have learned things by just clicking a thread that sounded like theres perhaps something to be learned. So my suggestion is to peruse and relax.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:54 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

This thread has been moved to General HD Chat since it has nothing to do with Touring HDs.

How do you like them apples?

Old 12-27-2011, 01:08 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
This thread has been moved to General HD Chat since it has nothing to do with Touring HDs.

How do you like them apples?

Quick Reply: touring section or general chat