General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POST Up Your Worst ACCIDENT ~ Don't be shy, now!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Damn Schu... I always thought you were 'out of this world' at times...

Glad you lived, my Man!

Originally Posted by schumacher
my worst was in a chevy monza station wagon in 1988. was drunk, fell asleep and hit a pole. my left foot was mangled in the floorboard, my left knee, femur and hip were completely shattered, broke both arms, and my right hand was held on by 2 tendons (it was almost completely ripped from my arm). the paramedics said I was dead when they got there, and I remained dead for 12 more mins before I awoke with a sheet over me.
I will never forget the look they all gave me when I awoke and pulled the sheet off of me. they all stepped back......way back.......lol. I guess I'm lucky no one shouted zombie and shot me.

a picture of that car hung in the twp fire dept here for years......was an accident none of them ever forgot.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Cheeto
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never had an accident going over 5 mph on a bike so i'll share my worst one in a cage. I was 18 coming home from work in my '97 Ford Ranger. It was raining pretty hard and like a typical young idiot I was doing about 75 on a two-lane highway notorious for hiding water puddles. I hit one of said puddles and it kicked the truck sideways. Almost got it straightened out and hit another one kicking it all the way around. Ended up sliding sideways through two ~6 foot deep ditches and into a group of trees. I wasn't wearing a seat belt because at the time, georgia still had the law not requiring belts in trucks for anyone 18 or older. When the truck stopped I was sitting in the passenger seat with my fried chicken dinner scattered all around the cab. I was lucky to walk away with just a bruised knee from slamming into the shifter and busted knuckle (not sure what it hit). Truck was a mess but it was one of those live and learn moments.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:45 PM
TANK25
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was late March and it had rained all night and another big storm was coming later in the day.I was headed to the garage and my sister stopped me.She said please don`t get on that bike today.I told her I was just going to start it up and let run a bit.I should have listen,I took off.I was about 3hrs outside of Philly with no helmet on,I stopped at a gas station.While I was filling up ,I was talking to the guy next to me ,who use to ride,when he drove off ,he told me to be safe.Just before I took off ,I put my helmet on.About 10mins later ,I was driving around a bend.The next thing I remember,I was in back of an ambulance.I remember hearing the medics telling the trooper,thank God he had a helmet on. I ended up with a concussion and 10 stitches above my right eye.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:56 PM
06Fatboy_CT
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worst "accident" in my life was this february, wasn't on my bike. Was at a machine shop working on a parts press. Pressed my part, went to grab the part, machine came back down again.

Only accident I was in on the bikes was sitting at a red light on the gixxer, old lady decided I didn't matter and parked her car on my bike. Two twisted vertebrae's, coulda been WAY worse.

Knock on wood never had an accident on the fatboy.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:11 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
I was 18, or 19 travelling about 60mph down a wide 1 up 1 down street. A cage was about 15 cars lengths in front when it pull into a parrallel parking spot, so not paying it MUCH mind, I carried on...

I get within 15 - 20 ft of the car when the WOMAN does a sweeping UTURN from the parrallel spot that she had pulled into to, I was fu<ked!

In a second, the car was sideways blocking my entire lane and now I'm 10ft from her. I locked up my brakes to lessen my speed and prepare for impact. I hit the car at her driver side window and I could see the whites of her eyes as I make impact.

I flew like superman over the handlebars, over the car and not sure when I hit the ground, but ended up travelling 75 ft before bouncing off the curb.

I used a life that day, because I only sustained bruising and a lot of road rash.

I refused the "wa"mbulance and rode in the tow truck as I wanted my "totalled" bike home where it belonged.

Of my many spills "stuntin" on rockets, this was by far my "oh ****" moment....

Here is mine.

Attached Thumbnails POST Up Your Worst ACCIDENT ~ Don't be shy, now!-2-pic.jpg  
Old 12-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member

Gonna need to explain that one... Looks like it may have left a mark.

Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP
Here is mine.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member

Did you lose the finger, or were they able to save it? Fu<k!

Originally Posted by 06Fatboy_CT
Worst "accident" in my life was this february, wasn't on my bike. Was at a machine shop working on a parts press. Pressed my part, went to grab the part, machine came back down again.

Only accident I was in on the bikes was sitting at a red light on the gixxer, old lady decided I didn't matter and parked her car on my bike. Two twisted vertebrae's, coulda been WAY worse.

Knock on wood never had an accident on the fatboy.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
my worst was in a chevy monza station wagon in 1988. was drunk, fell asleep and hit a pole. my left foot was mangled in the floorboard, my left knee, femur and hip were completely shattered, broke both arms, and my right hand was held on by 2 tendons (it was almost completely ripped from my arm). the paramedics said I was dead when they got there, and I remained dead for 12 more mins before I awoke with a sheet over me.
I will never forget the look they all gave me when I awoke and pulled the sheet off of me. they all stepped back......way back.......lol. I guess I'm lucky no one shouted zombie and shot me.

a picture of that car hung in the twp fire dept here for years......was an accident none of them ever forgot.
I will always find it amazing how much abuse a human body can take and pull through it but at the same time, how little it can take to bring it to an end. We are all walking on a real thin line IMO.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:41 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,651 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Believe it or not, I have never wrecked a bike. Only time I ever had anything resembling an accident was when I was making a right turn on my Honda V65 in Newark, NJ & the rear wheel hit some gravel & slid out from under me, but I was only going 2MPH. Just bent the shift lever. That was around '88.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member

Selling your soul to the Devil isn't fair, Dickey!

Originally Posted by dickey
Believe it or not, I have never wrecked a bike. Only time I ever had anything resembling an accident was when I was making a right turn on my Honda V65 in Newark, NJ & the rear wheel hit some gravel & slid out from under me, but I was only going 2MPH. Just bent the shift lever. That was around '88.

Quick Reply: POST Up Your Worst ACCIDENT ~ Don't be shy, now!