Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lil Joes SOA vest

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 03:51 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

everything longer during xmas period

Old 12-27-2011, 04:15 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Kowan
The Telly Savalas vest ship that day...
Originally Posted by brenn
The what?
........... oh, you know the one ! it's all shiney on the top part & has those cute little pockets on both sides for lollipops ....

Old 12-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pccoder
I pLaced an order for a nice leather vest, last I heard the vests were planned to be ready for delivery around the 19th but still nothing, not even a tracking number.

Of course my credit card has been charged but no vest yet. Customer service leaves something to be desired.

It's from blackmagicapparel.com.
It takes 6 days to ship from CA to FL. They are in AZ. I'm going to guess that's 5 days to FL. If it shipped ON the 19th, that puts the earliest delivery date as Saturday, 12/24. That's assuming it's going USPS. If it's UPS, then the earliest delivery date would be Monday, 12/26 since UPS doesn't normally deliver on Saturdays and does not count that as a "business day". Now, many businesses were closed Monday since Christmas came on Sunday so if UPS was one of those businesses then were looking at a delivery date of 12/27...today...and that's IF it shipped on the 19th and NOT taking into consideration that it's the holiday season and things are shipping slow.

I've done e-commerce and know how nuts the holiday season can be. I'm not making excuses for him, but at the same time there is a very real possibility that he is a one man opperation and that he has been focusing on getting product out the door rather than updating tracking and shipping information. I don't argue that his proceedure may need tweaking or even a major overhaul to keep customers better informed of their orders but to get online the day after the very first day you COULD expect to receive this product and start bashing the guy seems to be a little over-reactionary. Realisticlly your expected delivery date would be 12/24 - 12/30. If by 1/2 you didn't have your package and still no update or response from the shipper, then I think this post would be more than justified.

Last edited by Robotech; 12-27-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:59 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Robotech
It takes 6 days to ship from CA to FL. They are in AZ. I'm going to guess that's 5 days to FL. If it shipped ON the 19th, that puts the earliest delivery date as Saturday, 12/24. That's assuming it's going USPS. If it's UPS, then the earliest delivery date would be Monday, 12/26 since UPS doesn't normally deliver on Saturdays and does not count that as a "business day". Now, many businesses were closed Monday since Christmas came on Sunday so if UPS was one of those businesses then were looking at a delivery date of 12/27...today...and that's IF it shipped on the 19th and NOT taking into consideration that it's the holiday season and things are shipping slow.

I've done e-commerce and know how nuts the holiday season can be. I'm not making excuses for him, but at the same time there is a very real possibility that he is a one man opperation and that he has been focusing on getting product out the door rather than updating tracking and shipping information. I don't argue that his proceedure may need tweaking or even a major overhaul to keep customers better informed of their orders but to get online the day after the very first day you COULD expect to receive this product and start bashing the guy seems to be a little over-reactionary. Realisticlly your expected delivery date would be 12/24 - 12/30. If by 1/2 you didn't have your package and still no update or response from the shipper, then I think this post would be more than justified.
Not sure I was "bashing" anyone. But, to clear things up for you, when I ordered this product, it was advertised as "most orders are shipped same day". After waiting a week, I sent an email to the company and was told 2 day shipping. That means 2 days. Not 2 for CA and 6 for FL. 2, period. Yesterday (13 days after originally placing my order), still nothing, so I sent another email and was told it would go out either "today or tomorrow". Today, which is the tomorrow referenced above, still no email with a tracking number.

You can think it's ok to keep your customers in the dark after taking their money, but we live in a highly competitive world. That kind of thing doesn't help keep you in business forever.

Sure, I'll be happy when the product is finally delivered, but please don't presume to know everything about the process I'm going through or what I should expect as a customer. If I'd known in advance that the product wasn't in stock, and that I'd have to wait, I might have chosen to go somewhere else. Maybe I wouldn't, but at least I would have been able to make an informed decision.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pcoder is absolutely right and I for one will never buy anything from this place because of this. What a lousey way to treat a customer. Hit the card send the stuff-period. I'd call and file a formal complaint with the AG office in that state. I'll make sure I tell everyone I know who rides never to do business with this company. Thaks for posting you for sure have saved someone else similar headaches.