General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"smart" security system???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 01:15 AM
hbski
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "smart" security system???

Ok, hadn't thought about it in the past few weeks since getting the scoot, but have now realized that my "smart" security system, must not be all that much of a genius since it isn't arming at all. Checked for the light...nope. put the keys in the kitchen...both of them...some 35 feet and 5 walls from the bike (surely that's sufficiently far) and she starts right up no problem.

Anyone else have this issue with their '07 security system? And what was the fix?

Thanks,

DJ

Old 12-08-2006, 01:36 AM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "smart" security system???

Are you sure you have the security system...Mine arms as soon as I shut the bike off.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:37 AM
kgjl
Tourer

Warranty.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:08 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: 04harleyboy
Are you sure you have the security system...Mine arms as soon as I shut the bike off.
Mine does the same thing. Just about when I take my first steps away from the bike the turn signals start blinking to show its armed.
I tried to start it a couple of times and found that the fob needs to be inside of about 7 or 8 feet for the system to disarm. Past that and its like the off/run switch is off. The lights may be on, but no one's home.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:22 AM
hbski
Tourer

paid for it, got fobs with both of my keys. Suppose it's entirely possible they forgot to put it on the bike itself or forgot to activate it. anyone know where the alarm module is?

oh, I went ahead and assigned a pin to it and that worked, well at least it went through the motions of assigning a pin since it won't arm, I don't know for sure, so I assume it's there.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

Mine does the same thing. Just about when I take my first steps away from the bike the turn signals start blinking to show its armed.
I tried to start it a couple of times and found that the fob needs to be inside of about 7 or 8 feet for the system to disarm. Past that and its like the off/run switch is off. The lights may be on, but no one's home.
added the chirp siren to mine so it chirps when it arms or un arms itself

Old 12-08-2006, 12:08 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Heritage07

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

added the chirp siren to mine so it chirps when it arms or un arms itself
I did as well, but if I had it to do over again, I would have put the siren that has the pager on it But I already had the siren only off my last bike.

You may want to take it back to the sales person you bought the bike from, if its smething simple, he should be able to help you, if its more then that he should be able to get it handled promptly. Good luck with the fix

Old 12-08-2006, 04:31 PM
hbski
Tourer

Thanks for the responses guys. Taking it in is of course in the plans. Need the ECM flash anyway, but figured someone might have come across this and if there was an easy fix in the mean time then I'd be set.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

From memory of reading the user-manual looong ago I think there's a setting to make the alarm arm after the bike is shut off or to be armed manually with the key fob.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:41 PM
hbski
Tourer

I had though about something like that too and read through it last night and didn't see anything like that. Even set the pin thinking that maybe that was required to activate it, but still nothing

Quick Reply: "smart" security system???