Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mmi orlando or phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Maldito
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mmi orlando or phoenix

im tossing around the idea of going to mmi for school.was wondering what the riding weather was like in orlando and phoenix also the pros and cons of living in both areas.read reviews of the school and it seems like you get what you put into it.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Coastal_Moto_Man
Former Sponsor
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The Orlando area has temps in the upper 70s - low 80s today. This is my favorite time of year in this area.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:10 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

You're gonna spend upwards of 10,000 in tuition. You'll be lucky to get a job wrenching for 10/hr.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:55 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by purpledeuce
You're gonna spend upwards of 10,000 in tuition. You'll be lucky to get a job wrenching for 10/hr.
What he said. However if you insist, Rent will be in the $800.00 area. Plus utilities. Plus furniture. Make sure your vehicle is heavily insured. Between tourists and many local residents that cannot read, write, speak or in any way understand English you may need it. Can you say uninsured and or unlicensed? Personally I'd rather my kid be a piano player in a ***** house than a student at MMI. Just my opinion.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be tough making a livable wage. I heard on the news that there is an extreme shortage of machinists and your income can be pretty good

Old 12-22-2011, 03:21 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Orlando has become a Mecca for every tourist on the planet. You won't enjoy the flat, crowded roads. There are plenty of riders, and you're close to the beach and Daytona. Weather is fairly warm year 'round. The summer is like hell and damnation itself have arrived.

I'm guessing this is what you were asking, not whether or not you wanted to enjoy the career of your choice. I think it's funny that you've got so much debate about whether or not a person is a "real biker" on here, and then you've got people criticizing your career path. Do what you want....and Roll Tide.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:37 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Maldito
im tossing around the idea of going to mmi for school.was wondering what the riding weather was like in orlando and phoenix also the pros and cons of living in both areas.read reviews of the school and it seems like you get what you put into it.
I've lived in Orlando - between the rain, the tourists and the traffic, I'd probably try Phoenix if I had this choice.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Maldito
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by pccoder
Orlando has become a Mecca for every tourist on the planet. You won't enjoy the flat, crowded roads. There are plenty of riders, and you're close to the beach and Daytona. Weather is fairly warm year 'round. The summer is like hell and damnation itself have arrived.

I'm guessing this is what you were asking, not whether or not you wanted to enjoy the career of your choice. I think it's funny that you've got so much debate about whether or not a person is a "real biker" on here, and then you've got people criticizing your career path. Do what you want....and Roll Tide.
Thanks for your response
im aware of how much a tech makes starting out and that id be taking a huge paycut.but im not in love with my current job (sales) and im only 23 with no kids so i think i should go after whats gonna put a smile on my face

Last edited by Maldito; 12-22-2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: 8
Old 12-22-2011, 03:58 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Get some hookers and blow, it'll be cheaper......

I'm just busting your chops, follow your dreams and stand up for what you believe in, even if you're standing alone

Old 12-22-2011, 04:14 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Phoenix, I like it a lot after living in Michigan

Quick Reply: mmi orlando or phoenix