Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mmi orlando or phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 04:21 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
I've lived in Orlando - between the rain, the tourists and the traffic, I'd probably try Phoenix if I had this choice.
Living here since 72' and been trying to get the hell out ever since. Hell being the operative word cuz between June and Oct it's just like living there.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:27 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Living here since 72' and been trying to get the hell out ever since. Hell being the operative word cuz between June and Oct it's just like living there.

Hey Tooch

I guess I tolerate the heat better than you. July and Aug are the only months I do not like being on a Bike, other than that I am fine with the weather all year round

Old 12-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Maldito
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

phoenix seems like a beautiful area but ill probably wind up sweating my ***** off year round coming from boston
has anyone that attended the school have any opinions about it

Old 12-22-2011, 05:40 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 170 Likes on 110 Posts

Do you prefer the sauna or the steamroom? Therin lies your answer.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:37 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Friend of mine went to PHX for MMI. Took him a cpl yrs to get a job as a mech.

I understand your question but after talking to him while he was there and after he came back you won't have much riding time. Unless you're independently wealthy, you have rent, food and everything else you pay now but, instead you're doing while going to school full time.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:59 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Get a job in a good indy shop cleaning up on the condition you can assist with repairs. Your education will be much more enjoyable and probably of more useful content.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Maldito
Advanced

Originally Posted by nytryder
Get a job in a good indy shop cleaning up on the condition you can assist with repairs. Your education will be much more enjoyable and probably of more useful content.
this sounds like it might be the best route for me.the class is $28,000 i could save the money and stay in massachusetts.i eventually want to get in a shop that does high performance builds and tuning and would be willing to work at a shop part-time for minimum wage or free for the first year.anyone ever do anything like this?

Old 12-23-2011, 10:16 PM
dpk20x
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's probably the best thing you could do. One of the techs I used to work with started out washing bikes for a couple years. Eventually they needed someone to do PDIs and oil changes and he worked his way up the ladder. Course he was a good wrench to begin with cause he had lots of experience working on his own stuff

Old 12-24-2011, 12:35 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,305 Likes on 2,511 Posts

i grew up in fl. about an hour east of orlando. given the choice, i would go to phoenix.

before i retired from the military, i was looking into going to mmi after retirement. unfortunately, things happen, so i was not able to. but i had a little clipping about a program that hd has that will reimburse you for your tuition at mmi. i'm sure its a little at a time, but you should look into that to see if they still have it.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:42 AM
mikebell_eng
Cruiser

I have lived in Tampa and Phoenix. Phoenix hands down. Less flying bugs. You can ride 360 days a year.

Quick Reply: mmi orlando or phoenix