General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Knife While Riding

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 05:36 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Texas. Knife and pistol are tools to be used when needed. Both have been helpful in the past and remain possibly useful in the future. I may not come out on top but I'll never go out as a whining, pleading bitch.
Originally Posted by Benway
I suppose I'm curious where you guys are riding that you need to carry large knives and guns?

Old 12-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Zen33
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
I can see that. Generally, a big guy on a big Harley would not be someone you'd want to mess with either way, I'd think.
Big does not always mean tough and that the guy knows how to handle himself. If intimidation is what you're going for, you might have won the game. But show me a man that can take a few well placed rounds and keep coming.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:17 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

Carry a large Buck in a sheath. Never had an issue with LEO or individuals for that matter.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:50 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MADMIKE666
i live in Illinois and I have cousins that are local city cops and county sheriffs. Altho we may not have cc for guns I was told I can carry any type of blade I want from a basic folder up to a sword and it would be legal until I use it then its a deadly weapon. My daily blade is my trust butterfly it goes everywhere but am always looking for new blades.
this is correct

Old 12-23-2011, 02:20 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default if your not sure contact your states attorney general

Originally Posted by Booey424
I think all the states require their own permit.
This is not correct as long as you have a permit in your home state and either a florida or utah permit you are good to go in about somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 to 38 states. If you are carrying a knife in a sheath contact your state attorney generals office if you want to make sure your legal.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:26 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

If anyone is wondering why you would need a knife or gun while riding . Its 2 AM you are on the road, in the middle of 300 square miles of nothing but open spaces. All the motels are full or closed and the only gas station in town is closed for the night. You pull behind the gas station in the parking lot feet up on your bars, discarded soda can under your kickstand so the bike stays upright. Put your head on the rear fender and try to sleep. You better hope and or prey you have at least a knife and preferably a gun. Its just you , the road, your bike and your gun. (or knife). This situation happens far more often then you think for those of us that ride the open spaces out west.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:46 AM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts

Most of the time..

Old Timer in a quick draw holster-
.45 in left draw holster
.10mm in right draw holster
boot knife in boot
folding scapel in change pocket

Old 12-23-2011, 06:04 AM
TANK25
Road Captain

There have been times that I have gotten caught in the ride,on a great open road that I have never been on before and wanting to see where it takes me. The next thing you know day has turn to night and that great road has dropped you into a not so nice area and your tank is low.When I pull up to a gas station or a place to rest.I like the feeling I have a little helper if needed.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TANK25
Do you carry a knife in a sheath on your belt while riding? Are their laws in your state against it?
Nope. Not my 1st option for self defense.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:05 AM
torchman
Road Master
Default yup

I carry my wallet in front pocket and a thumb lever blade in my back pocket. it`s not my first choice either but it`s something.........

Quick Reply: A Knife While Riding