General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sena Headset

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011 | 03:56 PM
cardboard
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Sena Headset

Got the Sena Headset in my Shoei Qwest. Have about 230 songs on my Iphone. Man does it sound good.
We took my buddy's SG with no rear speakers or CB Plugs. We got some stereo RCA plugs wand wire at Radio shack and ran one set of wires from one speaker to a Y connector and ran another set to the other speaker into the Y connector and ran the wires to the rear of the SG. We put his Tourpac on and ran he wires into the tourpac.
Hooked up a 12 V cigarette lighter in the tourpac.
We got a cigarette lighter plug the is volt output for the Clear sound Bluetooth adapter.
We put the clear sound bluetooth adapter in the tourpac and got it in the cigarette lighter adapter that is 5 volt so it will keep the Clear Sound bluetooth adapter charged.
We hooked it up and turned it on.
Got a CD with MP's in the Harmon Kardon RAdio

Man it comes out both speakers in the Sena Sch 10 headset and sounds awsum

For his wifes trike and my bike we got the Harley/ Goldwing 7 pin to Rca plug so we can plug them into the rear headset adapter. We got it from Spoiled Biker.net
Now we can put the clear sound in out tourpacs and hook it up the same way to the cigarette lighter plug in the tourpac the same way.
We can listen to music and if the phone rings we can answer it if we need to.
Plus hear directions from the Garmin Zumo
With Siri on my Iphone I can tell her to call my buddy and I can talk to him on his Iphone while were riding down the street.
This has worked out better than we ever thought.

Stereo headset in your helmet. Awsum is all I can say.

Old 12-21-2011 | 10:15 PM
Spoiled Biker
Former Sponsor

So if I understand you right you used our headset adapters to go from your intercom port to a clear sound BT adapter and you hear the music from your bike in your Sena headsets?

That is great. Some of the BT that plug in to the headphone jacks don't seem to have enough power to work well at speed.

If you have a CB and decide you want to use it with your Sena let us know. It isn't cheap but we have a 2-way Bluetooth adapter that plugs directly into your intercom port and pairs to the headset.

Old 12-22-2011 | 07:38 AM
cardboard
|
Elite HDF Member

Oh I didn't know you was a sponsorer here. Great.

The Harley/Goldwing adapter allows me on the Ultra as you know to plug into the headset plug just like you would a headset on the console or the passenger plug on the back of the bike.
Choose to run it in the tourpac so it would be out of the way, and I could charge it there via the 12 volt DC plug and it will be out of the weather and me gettin on it or somebody stealing it.

I was turned on to this by a friend on another forum .
I had a hard time understanding it. And I want to thank him for his help.
Thank you Silly . Your the man.

But me and a buddy started ordering parts and putting it together. It works just like he said and showed hooked up to his bike.
The sound from the Sena Smh headset is great. With the Shoie Qwest helmet it will blow you out of the helmet if you turn it up too loud.
WE will have everything complete on 3 bikes soon.

I plug it into the headset port where the passenger would plug their headset into.

http://www.spoiledbiker.com/harleyadap.html

Then I get a male to female RCA adapter cord and run it from there to the tourpac.
And in the tourpac I plug the clear sound bluetooth adapter into the cord.

https://www.clearsounds.com/product/...th-transmitter
This transmitter is super small. I couldn't believe it when I seen it. Its a very fragile device.
You would have to use the plugs to pull the cords apart or you would pull the wires out of it.

I can also hook it up to a Cigarette lighter with a 5 Volt male lighter plug to charge the bluetooth adapter.

Old 12-24-2011 | 03:42 PM
cardboard
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Spoiled Biker
So if I understand you right you used our headset adapters to go from your intercom port to a clear sound BT adapter and you hear the music from your bike in your Sena headsets?

That is great. Some of the BT that plug in to the headphone jacks don't seem to have enough power to work well at speed.

If you have a CB and decide you want to use it with your Sena let us know. It isn't cheap but we have a 2-way Bluetooth adapter that plugs directly into your intercom port and pairs to the headset.

Got a question for you. We got the spoiled biker plugs in, the bluetooth Clear Sound and a sony bluetooth device to plug into the Harley/Goldwing plug that plugs into where the CB headset on the bike is.
We get no sound out of either bluetooth device to the Sena SMH10 bluetooth headsets.
We notised that the round plug only has 5 pins in it. The one in the picture has 7 pins in it.
Is there a chance that there is more than one of these plugs and the one we got don't have enough plugs ?

Thanks

We hard wired a SG and it has a Female RCA plug, we can plug the Clearsound bluetooth adapter into it or the Sony and it bluetooths it into the sena headset.
But with the spoiled biker plug that has 5 pins it will not work.
What is the deal.

Old 12-24-2011 | 05:51 PM
cardboard
|
Elite HDF Member

Thank you very much for your time on Christmas Eve
Jon with Spoiled biker. Got everything to workin.
If you plug the spoiled biker plug in the Passenger speaker connection.
you have to turn the speakers up from the rear speakers volume ****
If you turn them up too high the sound will distort too.

Old 12-27-2011 | 06:31 PM
cardboard
|
Elite HDF Member

Was runnin 73mph today, pushed my phone button on the sena headset. Siri on the Iphone 4S came in and asked how she could help me.
I told her to call the OL's Mobile, she called her. I asked my wife it she could hear me. She said yes why. I said I was runnin 73 on the interstate on Hiway 59, she said Shutup. There's no way I can tell you are on the motorcyle you come in so clear.
I said Yea Baby !
I live it. My wife hung up and it went back to the Music

Old 12-29-2011 | 09:00 PM
cardboard
|
Elite HDF Member

Ck this out

My buddy got his Shoei helmet in. And he has XM radio he added to his Iphone.
He can put his Iphone in his tourpac and hook it up to the Charger and play the Xm Radio into his Sena BT set in his helmet.
Pretty Cool.

If you have XM in your truck you can add it to your Iphone for 2.99 a month

Old 01-11-2012 | 03:06 PM
02ULTRA
Road Captain

I am using Pandora Radio on my iPhone with my Sena SMH10s and it works great! I also use a GPS app on my iPhone and receive audio GPS directions in my helmet through the Sena.